Video Games Are Afraid Of The Female Body

No, there's no such thing as a slut. That's a term males used to stereotype women where is they do not use anything similar for themselves. no, is no such thing eva slept. At the term mails used to stereotype women where is the tonight using someone for themselves. Of georgia receipt dollars cool cool facebook

I'm all for equality in this regard, I just feel that rather than dropping the stigma associated with loose sexuality in women, it should have been applied equally to both genders...

IMHO, loose sexual standards SHOULD be shunned, both in men AND in women, if for no other reason than that they have very negative societal impacts.

Weird, because I would say the vast majority of RPGs are like that, and MANY games sexual female characters.

Seems like the point of the article is that if they're going to have female nudity, it's better that it happens as part of the story or gameplay and not just having boobs for the sake of boobs. But yeah, if you want to talk about sexualizing females in games, the fact that they will show boobs all day long but no dicks is telling.

They're just tailoring things to their audience (who happen to be the people buying their games which keeps them in business). The fact that this market segment exists pisses off people like this.

Zarathustra[H];1041808306 said:
I'm all for equality in this regard, I just feel that rather than dropping the stigma associated with loose sexuality in women, it should have been applied equally to both genders...

IMHO, loose sexual standards SHOULD be shunned, both in men AND in women, if for no other reason than that they have very negative societal impacts.

TBH, I think that they are. It's just that, as a non homosexual male, I don't really care about other men's sexual activities (unless, of course, it involves someone I'm interested in). No idea on how women exactly view it, but it seems like women view other women's activity with hostility as well.

So we get what we got.

Usually it is, it's just that usually, if a statement is taken out of context it's assumed that a man said it if it's in the negative. A great example is the Ariel Winter bit from this week. If you actually read her quote she talking about gossip sites and red carpet commentators focusing on her cleavage. Yet what was this statement boiled down to on Facebook and Twitter? She was tired of misogynist comments.

Or some of the bodyshaming outrages of this year, it's usually is twisted that a man said it when usually it's on topics that most men wouldn't care less about.

My opinion is that prudes have worse societal impacts.

My opinion is that prudes have worse societal impacts.

Worse than increased rates of unintended pregnancy, if carried to term leads to increased occurrences of either single parenting, or unhappy parents staying together "for the kid" or separating, either way emotionally scarring another generation, and letting them grow up under less than ideal financial circumstances, furthering the problems of poor education and poverty to yet another generation?

In a certain sense, the whole "sexual revolution" of the 60's was one of the worst things to ever happen to the world.

you guys are missing the point. the article is saying that women are just plot devices to further the male story, they have no independence or autonomy......

As long as you forget that Shepard can also be a Female Character at which point the story looks different under new light.

Zarathustra[H];1041808473 said:
Worse than increased rates of unintended pregnancy, if carried to term leads to increased occurrences of either single parenting, or unhappy parents staying together "for the kid" or separating, either way emotionally scarring another generation, and letting them grow up under less than ideal financial circumstances, furthering the problems of poor education and poverty to yet another generation?

In a certain sense, the whole "sexual revolution" of the 60's was one of the worst things to ever happen to the world.

I agree with you. Since that time we have had a full generation of women who have had to try and figure out what they are supposed to be doing with their lives, (because it's not acceptable to tell them what they should be doing anymore).

They drive out into the working world starting businesses and climbing corporate ladders, ignoring their biology until they find themselves staring at a calander facing a harsh reality. They have passed right by the prime time for having healthy children, but, they still want and have those kids. What they end up having is a bunch of fucked up children with hosts of medical and psychological problems.

And then the rest of us have to help carry their burdens. Women in their 40's FFS trying to have healthy kids.

Now we get fucked up shit like this going on;
http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/23/justice/kansas-sperm-donation/

You want to think of this from an LGBT point of view, fine, I don't.

You want to consider it from the "father's" point of view, go ahead, but I don't.

The mother, fine, go ahead.

I only see the child's point of view. A kid with a father who never wanted to be a father, a woman for a pretend father who doesn't want to stay around, and a lunatic mom who's selfishness knows no bounds.

I agree with you. Since that time we have had a full generation of women who have had to try and figure out what they are supposed to be doing with their lives, (because it's not acceptable to tell them what they should be doing anymore).

They drive out into the working world starting businesses and climbing corporate ladders, ignoring their biology until they find themselves staring at a calander facing a harsh reality. They have passed right by the prime time for having healthy children, but, they still want and have those kids. What they end up having is a bunch of fucked up children with hosts of medical and psychological problems.

And then the rest of us have to help carry their burdens. Women in their 40's FFS trying to have healthy kids.

Now we get fucked up shit like this going on;
http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/23/justice/kansas-sperm-donation/

You want to think of this from an LGBT point of view, fine, I don't.

You want to consider it from the "father's" point of view, go ahead, but I don't.

The mother, fine, go ahead.

I only see the child's point of view. A kid with a father who never wanted to be a father, a woman for a pretend father who doesn't want to stay around, and a lunatic mom who's selfishness knows no bounds.

I happen to think that gender equality is a great thing, so don't agree with me too much there :p The fact that women can enter the workplace just like men is a great advance. We still have some things to figure out as regards work life balance though, as the current system is not very accommodating to women wanting both families and jobs. And some equality could work here too, as wouldn't it be great if dads could take some times with their families too, rather than missing so much of the family they are working to provide for?

I guess my point is, equality is fantastic, and necessary. We are all humans and as such we should have the same rights to the same things in life.

I just don't believe that sleeping around should be one of them, for either men or women.

They're just tailoring things to their audience (who happen to be the people buying their games which keeps them in business). The fact that this market segment exists pisses off people like this.

You don't think a lot of women play RPGs?

Back