Vega RX faster than 1080 a tad slower than ti.

Im betting close to 1080ti with final release drivers and subsequent optimizations.might even be faster in dx12 etc..but we have NO benches of shit yet. That will be essentially not a year old tech. If its within 7 perc of 1080ti that would be newer than 1080 techI would even say moat modern if the price is right. Volta... well see I dont know. My 980ti is plenty fast for me for now. I can wait if vega is just another 1080 plain. I think AMDs next card is the winner and this is just a gap filler card.

Im.not crying blood like some of you are. We just have to wait and see.

Is it worth waiting o nvidia next tech? Depwnds on what you have now and need now to upgrade too.

All I can do is ......LOL

Not true anymore. Seems like monitor advances have been blistering the past 5 years or so.
Not really. I've kept on the bleeding edge always and there hasn't been anything incredibly different for ages. I had a 2560 115hz panel several years ago, and moved to 4k in 2014. There has been nothing compelling except a 144hz ips panel but those are going to be cost prohibitive for a solid year and a half to two years at minimum I'd wager.

2004 I was using 1680x1050. First went 2560 in 2008, and upgraded to a high refresh awhile later. Finally tried 4k in 2014 but went back to my prior panel since I didn't have the horsepower. Right now I am on 4k gsync, and the only real upgrade will be the high refresh 4k stuff, but as I said... The cost on those is sky high.

All I can do is ......LOL
I was on two 10mg hydrocodones lol.. dayum thats some drunk typing haha

Anyways ive given up on you negative crybaby nvidia jocks. After much reading and research AMD may fail badly on this card. A few more weeks well k ow absolutely what they can and cant do and eliminate all speculation. I hope you negative nvidia living buzzkill nay sayers eat your feet for once in our lives. But AMD probably wont deliver.

I have a FreeSync 4K monitor, I will just keep the Nano on it, that is simple. If Vega was 225w, had performance between the 1080 and 1080Ti I would say AMD caught up only to Nvidia. To see between a 1070 and 1080 at 300w - not good at all. LOL on 3dMark11 and then choosing a lower score to compare it to. Realistically you would choose the highest score from a close of configuration as possible matching the test system, or matching the system being compared to it. So the comparison is worthless and shows nothing substantial.

Not really. I've kept on the bleeding edge always and there hasn't been anything incredibly different for ages. I had a 2560 115hz panel several years ago, and moved to 4k in 2014. There has been nothing compelling except a 144hz ips panel but those are going to be cost prohibitive for a solid year and a half to two years at minimum I'd wager.

2004 I was using 1680x1050. First went 2560 in 2008, and upgraded to a high refresh awhile later. Finally tried 4k in 2014 but went back to my prior panel since I didn't have the horsepower. Right now I am on 4k gsync, and the only real upgrade will be the high refresh 4k stuff, but as I said... The cost on those is sky high.

Well, in the next 2 years HDR 10 bit 144Hz panels will come out. Those should last a decent while.

Though to be honest at this point I'm more inclined to just grab a VR headset for gaming.

Reactions: noko
like this
Well, in the next 2 years HDR 10 bit 144Hz panels will come out. Those should last a decent while.

Though to be honest at this point I'm more inclined to just grab a VR headset for gaming.
VR headset (y)

I figure by the time my 3440x1440p monitor is limiting, HDR monitors will be reasonable in price. Now a HDR VR headset :happy:

Anyways ive given up on you negative crybaby nvidia jocks. After much reading and research AMD may fail badly on this card. A few more weeks well k ow absolutely what they can and cant do and eliminate all speculation. I hope you negative nvidia living buzzkill nay sayers eat your feet for once in our lives. But AMD probably wont deliver.

Opiods are always good in any occasion lol. If the rx vega can hit under 250 watts and with 1080 performance it will be ok, but that looks unlikely at this point, I mean they will have to pull a rabbit out of their hat with their drivers.

Last edited:
VR headset (y)

I figure by the time my 3440x1440p monitor is limiting, HDR monitors will be reasonable in price. Now a HDR VR headset :happy:

I can imagine a 4K HDR 144Hz VR Headset. That would just be unreal.

Curved displays can't even compare.

I can imagine a 4K HDR 144Hz VR Headset. That would just be unreal.

Curved displays can't even compare.
Me either, just the current tech has some ahhhhh moments. Serious Sam the Last Hope looks spectacular where everything negative about the headset disappears.

Which brings another question into the mix of endless questions - how does Vega perform in VR? If for some unknown, inexplicable reason it just clubbers Nvidia there it may have some hope in the end.

Me either, just the current tech has some ahhhhh moments. Serious Sam the Last Hope looks spectacular where everything negative about the headset disappears.

Which brings another question into the mix of endless questions - how does Vega perform in VR? If for some unknown, inexplicable reason it just clubbers Nvidia there it may have some hope in the end.

This is how I felt about Arizona Sunshine and Wind whatever it is called. Also that scary mansion game... umm... Afflicted the Manor which I have only played 5 mins of .. and it scared the feces out of me that quick.

Also Robo Recall is a nice looking game for sure. SDE goes away in these games once your brain is engaged.

Last edited:

You've got me wrong. I don't want AMD to fail. I wish they would put something out faster than Titan Xp. Unfortunately for them they've given me no reason since the 290 to buy anything from them. I like performance to the max and AMD doesn't do that. They won't do it this time with Vega. Guess I'll have to keep buying Nvidia.

You've got me wrong. I don't want AMD to fail. I wish they would put something out faster than Titan Xp. Unfortunately for them they've given me no reason since the 290 to buy anything from them. I like performance to the max and AMD doesn't do that. They won't do it this time with Vega. Guess I'll have to keep buying Nvidia.
I don't know though... I mean the FuryX was very tempting, and I definitely regret not getting it when it was $300. Now the 4xx and 5xx are definitely not compelling enough to upgrade from my 290, even at MSRP. If anything hopefully Vega will be compelling enough, but alas I will have to wait as spending greater than $300 is gonna be a tough sell.

I bought the HP Omen 32 inch, so I'm kind of locked in at this point. I'm not buying a monitor until 4k 144hz 10 bit is readily avaiable, so probably not for about 4 years or so.

I bought the HP Omen 32 inch, so I'm kind of locked in at this point. I'm not buying a monitor until 4k 144hz 10 bit is readily avaiable, so probably not for about 4 years or so.

I hope it doesn't take that long.. I know to properly drive it may take 4 years or more though..

I hope it doesn't take that long.. I know to properly drive it may take 4 years or more though..

They'll be available soon, they'll be really expensive and not something I'd want to spend my money on, the Omen for what it is has incredible build quality and no BLB.

They'll be available soon, they'll be really expensive and not something I'd want to spend my money on, the Omen for what it is has incredible build quality and no BLB.

True. That part i do understand.

It's the only remaining defense.

Yet people will sit there and harp on the cost of electricity because it's consuming another 50 to 100 Watts. Hey that's 1.2 cents per hour max (average cost of 12 cents/kWh) if you can keep your video card running full tilt that long.

Idiots on both sides.

I'm waiting for 27" ultra wide panel with HDR 99% Rec 709 and freesync from 36Hz->90Hz and 2560x1440 for under $500.

AMD needs to forget about the high-end. I was expecting better than 1080ti performance. I understand that a 1080 performance level card at a lower price can be appealing. That just isn't appealing to me. I game at 4k. So much for being the performance leader. So glad I didn't wait. I got my 1070 back in march. I'd still be waiting on AMD and for what? The same performance 6 months later? The fact that this card is taking so long to be released should cause concern. I'm still willing to bet that it will barely outperform a 1070 when it finally comes out. As much as I hate Nvidia AMD leaves me no choice.

I couldn't hold out for Vega so purchased a 1080 last weekend. I hope this is priced right so I can at least sell my 1080 for a Vega card when they finally release - of course if its of any benefit to upgrade. Felt a little locked in since I have a 144hz FreeSync screen but its been fine on the 1080 so far.

Back