VCP510-DT

shnelson

Limp Gawd
The environment I am currently working in is heavily virtualized, with user desktops soon to be 100% out of vmware view.

I have taken and passed the VCP510, and am thinking about pursuing the 510-DT as it directly relates to my job function. Has anyone sat the 510-DT, and how do you feel it relates in difficulty to the 510?

I am reviewing the exam blueprint today to get a feel for it, but would love to hear from those with experience!

I have the VCP510-DT, its not an easy test thats for sure. It has Questions of functionality along with Questions about the actual Interactive Menus, It also has a couple of KB Questions in there based upon KBs i Wrote.. i would look up Composer wtih SSL Bind issues and Error 28014 as a few reference points. Also if you dont know about Thinapp i would recommend checking it out especially the package.ini it produces how to create streaming vs full thinapps, etc.

VCP vs VCP-DT Completely different world as VCP is more dedicated to vSphere and VCP-DT is dedicated to View and composer (This includes use of Kiosk Mode, Transfer Server, Thinapp Integrations, Thinapp Builds, etc.)

Hope that helps

That does help, thank you.

I gave vmware's practice exam a run and was surprised with some of the questions. Seems to be a heavy emphasis on troubleshooting. I was familiar with most of the subject matter, but was also thrown off guard by some (certs, kiosk, local mode - basicaly anything that we don't currently have implemented lol).

I face the dilemma of choosing a certification track between VMWare, MCITP or CCNA this year. My thoughts are to continue with the vmware/510-DT as I sat the 510 not too long ago (~6mo) and the testing format/content still feels fresh... make sense to continue with vmware certs before jumping into another set of vendor exams.

I passed the VMWare VCP510 today!
I got a 406 our of 500. I felt really confident going in, and was not nervous at all during the exam. It was definitely much easier than I had anticpated. Spent a lot of time memorizing min/max values :/

Last edited:
Back