Users who don't follow their TITLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

killab33

Limp Gawd
this isn't sort of a rant but also clarification.

so me and this user were trying to work out a deal.

in his thread he posted for sale or trade. so for the past day or so i went him offers and barely got a few replies.

last pm he sends me is Sorry i sold it cause he offered me cash. although i was reluctant to also pay but he also ask for trades so i shot him some offers but cash was never a problem. i would've paid if he just told me.

he ends up selling it and then telling me after that someone offered cash when i would've also.

communication is such a bust when it comes to users who won't even follow their own topic trend

if your not going to consider trades dont put it in your topic.

i'm sorry but users who do that don't deserve to even open a topic :mad:

Well i kinda see your frustration, but he wasn't interested in anything you had to offer. You should have told him from the initial pm "hey i have yadda yadda that I can offer for trades, but if not then I will be willing to pay the cash.". Sorry bud.. You snooze you lose.. Thats the way it goes sometimes. :)

If someone offered me a trade and then someone else offered me the cash, I would take the cash if I wasn't interested in what the first guy had to offer.

yeah. i know but why even put up trades if your interested in cash? i would've shot him the money but i thought hey why not shoot him some ideas i got stuff laying around.

ends up selling it and disregarding the whole trade and failed to PM me saying hey this guy wants it and he's paying cash how. at least give an opportunity to the person who's really interested in a chance before the seller blows it away

yeah. i know but why even put up trades if your interested in cash? i would've shot him the money but i thought hey why not shoot him some ideas i got stuff laying around.

ends up selling it and disregarding the whole trade and failed to PM me saying hey this guy wants it and he's paying cash how. at least give an opportunity to the person who's really interested in a chance before the seller blows it away

Yeah I understand your frustration.. It's a little inconsiderate

I agree with nicknations. It's at the seller's discretion if they want to sell to someone or not. If you didn't tell him, "Hey, I'll pay you $X for that." and no money was exchanged, there's no foul. That's how it goes sometimes here. I've had it happen to me a few times too. I agree it sucks, but oh well.

It's business. One does not need to specify that they are interested in cash. It's the entire point of selling something. Trades are typically considered in situations where the buyer doesn't have the asking price in cash. Just because a seller answers a few PMs with you doesn't mean he suddenly has a loyalty to uphold with you.

Cash > all.

Always.

Consider that your notification for every single FS thread you read.

but yeah totally missing out on the opportunity sucks. i juss hope sellers and buyers realize that communication is more than just a thread

It's been weird like that for a while in here. You pm and get no response, etc. Then it is like no one else wants it then they try to pm you.

Or the got a price on something that hasn't sold in 3 weeks and you offer just a little less then what they want. Then they go in a rage because you offered 10 buck less. To try and help them and get it for yourself.

I've seen some pretty stuff go down in thread as of lately. Just wished folks be a bit more honest or not so sneaky. Or better yet if you have sold something, pm the guy back and tell him it has sold. Instead of just letting them wonder what is going on.

I have started to post in threads when I have paid for items. That way I make sure that people don't try to buy something that has just sold. Sellers have busy lives just like the rest of us and above all I try to be understanding. About one in two offers I make including cash transactions, actually gets me the item I am looking to get. There is a good amount of competition in these BST forums. I like it though, since that means its a great marketplace with no fees. We are lucky to have a national system for trading that hardforum offers for tech products. "Thank you" to the mods and especially the admins for offering this service free of charge. :)

I am sorry if I made you mad KILLER_K. I think you are a good guy, and it was not my choice to decide since I was not the seller.

Last edited:
Sometimes you might say you're looking for a trade or cash and not mention you're only going to take the trade if it's exactly what you want or a hell of an offer.

I agree it's nice to just send a "it sold" or "got it from someone else, thanks" though.
Saves a lot of time and frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back