Upgrades...

stuman

Limp Gawd
OK, its payday and im hitting the World of Warcraft bug, bad. im looking to upgrade the ram on my macbook to 2gig is this a good idea --- >Crucial DDR2 SO-DIMM 1024MB CL5 Non-ECC, 1.8V, 128Mx64, 200p DDR2 PC2-5300

Also, was looking to buy a razer copperhead gaming mouse, seem it doesnt like OSX tho? any other options that will work well with the mac for less than £50 / $100?

ta,

stu

what did your MacBook come with? Chances are it's 2 sticks of 512MB or 2 sticks of 256MB as they don't ship in single-dimm configurations on the non-pro's; which means you'll have to buy 2x 1gb sticks as I did and pretty much the whole world of MacBook owners does/did.

It's really easy to do it, and the upgrade to 2gb really makes it smooth.

As for mice? I just use a mighty mouse... but in windows I hook up my MX518.

i use a bluetooth mighty mouse when i am away from my desk, and When I am at my desk I use my mx518.

You can use USB Overdrive to get all the buttons working (and set them to whatever you want to do)

for my mx518 I have it set up as follows
right/left click normal
button below scroll wheel : dashboard
button above scroll wheel : copy
button two below scroll wheel : expose all windows
forward / back buttons are normal
middle click is normal with up / down / left / right scrolling

I am just waiting for a decent paycheck, then i will be upping my macbook from 1gb to 2gb. it would be so much easier if apple just gave a 1gb stick insted of 2x 512mb, now i have to go through the trouble of selling the old ram.

wow, nice price on ram, maybe I will just go ahead and upgrade mine to 2gb now :-D

Back