Upgrade from LSR308p MkII

rabidz7

[H]ard|Gawd
What is the next step up for games/movies/listening from two LSR308Ps/LSR310s/OL DAC?

I'll recommend my setup:
Adam Audio A7V
SVS SB-3000
Topping E70 Velvet

PXL_20231222_023335019.jpg

How do these compare to the JBL LSR708Ps?
I have no idea. The JBLs are bigger and much more expensive at $2100/each compared to the $800/each A7V, so I expect the JBL to be far superior.

I want 2.1.
If I had to do it on $3K:

Kef LS50 Wireless II
SVS Micro 3000

Streaming, bass management, all the connections, detail, power, deep bass, easy.

Fairly close to what I'm currently running except I'm using the passive speakers and a very nice 2.1 integrated amplifier.

Depending on sales, that might be more like mid 3000s but if you want to keep the budget in check, maybe give the LSX II powered speakers a look...

I've been really pleased with the setup I am running.
Alesis M1 Active MK2's that I got 23 years ago.
M-Audio BX10 subwoofer I got a 5-6 years ago
Sound Blaster ZxR soundcard set.
IMG_3530.JPEG

What do you feel is lacking in the setup you currently have?

Another option worth considering are the Klipsch The Fives or Sevens. Sevens might be too big for desktop use, but both sound amazing. I should have given them a try before choosing my Adams speakers.

Last edited:
I've been really pleased with the setup I am running.
Alesis M1 Active MK2's that I got 23 years ago.
M-Audio BX10 subwoofer I got a 5-6 years ago
Sound Blaster ZxR soundcard set.
View attachment 623717

What do you feel is lacking in the setup you currently have?

Not sure exactly what is lacking, just trying to get better audio. I’m not sure exactly what would make it better.

Not sure exactly what is lacking, just trying to get better audio. I’m not sure exactly what would make it better.
Can you describe what you think the problem is? Clarity? Bass? Listening fatigue? It's hard to offer help to what amounts to generic unsatisfaction...

Back