Upgrade from 3080 Ti to 4080 results in USB problems

Hashiriya415

Limp Gawd
I'm using a Z370i board and 4080 I get constant USB error. Device manager keeps refreshing because it's detecting something is reconnecting all the time. I went back to the 3080Ti and no problems. Back to 4080 and problems. So clearly it's the 4080 that's causing the issue.Does anyone know if it's because maybe the mobo is old and needs a BIOS? It's 6 years old and manufacture stopped support for mobo a while ago.I did a clean wipe all nvidia stuff in safemode and installed new drivers. I tried an older driver as well.
Anything else it could be? Some sort of setting to change?
Cables are properly plugged and no bend to power cable.

1000014601.jpg

I get heavy artifacts and crashes

Looks to me that the card is killing the rest of your system. If the system acts fine with a different card in it, it's obviously the card that needs to be RMA'd.

Also, a 4080 is far easier on your PSU and motherboard due to how much less power it not only uses, but the fact that it doesn't have the massive current spikes that the 3080ti/3090/3090ti have in comparison.

I concur with T4rd. I haven't needed to update my BIOS for a GPU (well, they were called 3D "accelerators" then) since the early AGP days...

My new z690 mobo kit is shipping. But, I tried swapping the cards again back and forth. And now with my old 3080 Ti, I get USB error. Looks like mobo is definitely going bad. I was super gentle, I guess being 6 years old made it fragile? I even tried removing from case and installing again. Tried without back IO shield. I'll try to flash an older bios once my new system is up and running so if bios fails I won't be without a PC.

Artifacts? Probably a bad card. RMA it.

EDIT: If broken with old card too, then yeah maybe mobo then.

graphic card is fine with new Mobo. The artifacts happened because the game got corrupted somehow.
I will play around with installing OS again and last chance will be to revert back a BIOS from current Beta

graphic card is fine with new Mobo. The artifacts happened because the game got corrupted somehow.
I will play around with installing OS again and last chance will be to revert back a BIOS from current Beta
Did you get your sh*tter unclogged?

So what happened was I ended up going on vacation for 3 months. I came back and the system is working. I bought another used motherboard from another member on here and I never even got a chance to open the box. I just went on vacation for 3 months. I played around with the system and it's working for now but I'm using another system. I built. Super weird

It's the graphics card fault or some system upgrade (I mean the OS). You can find whatever new driver for the motherboard at Intel if not by Microsoft OS. The driver from the 4080 even if it's the same install file as the 3080Ti doesn't use all the same software and API.
I don't see how the PSU could be the culprit (apart from the power connector of the new graphics card who wouldn't connect correctly and would draw to much power from the mobo).
Look into the system of the OS to see if there no driver missing when using the 4080.

This used to be an issue one some AMD systems because USB was fighting for bandwidth with PCI-E lanes and the solution was the reduce GPU PCI-E generation down one generation (i.e. from gen 4 to gen 3)

Back