True Full Length Card in SFF

John D

Weaksauce
I'm looking for the smallest case possible that will fit a full length, full height card. The card has a 25 pair amp connector on it, so the mounting slot must be full height. The card is 4" tall (not counting the slot pins that go into the motherboard slot), and 13-1/2" (343mm) long if I count the retention bracket, otherwise 12-3/8" long (315mm).

As to the other questions:

1. What will you be doing with this PC? Custom testing with above card.

2. Will you be overclocking? No

3. What's your budget? $1,500

4. Where do you live? It's all mail order

5. What exact parts do you need for that budget? I need everything. Must be an Intel CPU. Must be a Core 2 Duo 2ghz or better CPU

6. If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? All brand new

7. What specific features do you need in a motherboard? RAID is wanted for mirroring. Two USB ports (2.0 or 3.0) are required

8. What resolution output do you need? 104x768 32-bit color

9. Does this system need to fit into a particular space and do you need an optical drive? I don't need an optical drive as long as I can connect one with the case open. Has to fit the a fore mentioned card.Otherwise I have tin snips and a drill

10. How comfortable are you with custom case design/modification and electrical wiring? I'd rather not have to do any modifications.

11. How important is the noise/silence of this sytem? Desktop PC sound levels are fine

12. How mobile does this system need to be? Handle would be nice, but not required. I'd want it able to ship in a pelican case.

13. Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? Windows 2008 R2 will be installed and I have the license.

14. When do you plan on building/buying the PC? I need to have all the parts in by 8/20/2013

Smallest possible by volume? The case doesn't exist, but if it did it would be around 300 x 45 x 315mm (W/H/D) with a volume of 4.26 liters. With what your doing you could easily find a single external brick and use the Pico PSU with it.

For the record, "Full Length" specified by pcisig, the company responsible for the pci-e standard, is specified as 312mm long.

So it sounds like your card is actually longer than "True Full Length".

You might consider a 1U rack mount chassis. They are very deep, 19" wide and 1.75" high. Depth varies but i have seen them anywhere from 12-24" deep.

Last edited:
From SilverStone, you can consider SG01 and SG02, both are around 22 liters in size and were designed to fit graphics cards with retention bracket so they'll fit your card easily.

That's a PCI card and won't fit any current mini-ITX board that I'm aware of. I think you'll need a micro ATX board with a PCI slot which means the smallest case option is a Silverstone SG09 or SG10

There is the Gigabyte GA-H61N-D2V which is a Mini-ITX Motherboard with PCI (not PCIe!).
Full-size PCI cards are 312mm long.
It MAYBE will fit in a Fractal Node 304, if you remove one of the hdd trays and one of the front fans.

Back