Trouble using Mic with z5500

BLaZEjjp

Limp Gawd
Hi, My first time posting in this section of the Hardforum. I am a audio noob and all I want is a simple way to get my mic working alongside my speakers. A low cost solution that is, I don't want to buy an audio card or anything. I recently bought the z5500 logitech speakers. I can't remember my motherboard without going home and looking at it.(from surfing the site it resembles the K8u. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...et+754+ULi+M1689+ATX+AMD+Motherboard+-+Retail) It seemed like in order to set up my speakers correctly I had to use the green, black, and pink jacks at the bottom of my mobo for my speakers. Those 3 are something along the lines of line in, line out, and mic. So now I got back into gaming, and I would like to use my headphones and mic. But I don't really want to have to unplug my speakers and change the settings in my nvidia software back to normal just to get my mic working. Is ther any way around this? I noticed my motherboard has a couple other ports for audio up towards the middle.

Since my XFi shares the digital out w/ the mic input calling it a FlexiJack... I found I had
to find another solution. The easiest way to use a mic for me was to buy the
Logitech USB mic. It's much easier and it's not reliant on the soundcard. I
also found the sound quality was much better than most mics.

You could connect the headphone to the line output, the mic to the mic input, and connect the speakers with the Digital Coax cable, but then you may not get true surround sound from games with your speakers. Would you be willing to live with stereo sound out of your speakers?

As Magnetik said, you could use a USB mic. That would solve your problem.

Or you could get a real sound card instead of playing footsie with your onboard audio. Or just keep disconnected and connecting different cables and changing the software settings

Thx for the input guys. This makes me think of probably getting a soundcard. Spent some decent money on my current gaming headset and I would hate to not be able to use it.

Back