TigerDirect is back from the dead.

TigerDirect Business - Electronics, Tablets, Phones, Office Supplies & Video Games

Twitter announcement.
TigerDirect on Twitter

If they have been back I apologize. Last I heard of them they were liquidating their inventory on EBAY.
THey did a HUGE liquidation sale, and closed a ton of locations, including the one across the street from me. :bigtears:
Here's hoping they come back with a little more competitive website, because the old one was a trainwreck to find stuff on.

Nope, website still sucks. For example, you can't filter by mitx cases.

Interesting. That is TigerDirect BUSINESS however, which is actually a very successful part of their business model.

I bet someone doesn't want his old job back.

LOGAN_TV_LANDING_PAGE_JPG.jpg

Sounds legit. I'll just jump right on that !!!

Are they giving waranty/returns to PREVIOUS buyers?

lmao hilarious to see logan like that

If you thought tigerdirect was a nightmare to navigate before..... TigerDirect got bought out by PCM... go to their site and try to filter results and get back with me on how bad tigerdirect was then :D

Looks like the same nonsensical, crazy prices as before.

How about an i3-2105 for $151.99
Intel Core i3-2105 3.10 GHz Dual Core Processor

Maybe a locked Haswell i5 for $207.99
Intel® Core™ i5-4440 Quad Core Processor

Don't everybody jump at once.

TigerDirect used to have good prices back in the 1990's before the rise of Newegg and Amazon. Unfortunately, TigerDirect became infected with CompUSA's stupidity. Those retarded prices come from the disease that killed CompUSA off and burned anything they touched.

I must be the only one who remembers that Tiger Direct was always terrible... they just didn't seem as bad then because we didn't know much better. With CompUSA's overpriced store prices to compare to, Tiger Direct seemed like a somewhat better deal... but now that's all but impossible when you can also compare with OWC, Newegg, Amazon, etc... In over a decade of buying computer parts online, I only ever bought ONE thing from Tiger Direct. A Seagate Dockstar that was on clearance. Even then, it was still a little overpriced but out of stock everywhere else.

I must be the only one who remembers that Tiger Direct was always terrible... they just didn't seem as bad then because we didn't know much better. With CompUSA's overpriced store prices to compare to, Tiger Direct seemed like a somewhat better deal... but now that's all but impossible when you can also compare with OWC, Newegg, Amazon, etc... In over a decade of buying computer parts online, I only ever bought ONE thing from Tiger Direct. A Seagate Dockstar that was on clearance. Even then, it was still a little overpriced but out of stock everywhere else.

They would occasionally have good deals on MB/CPU combos. And you could get 5% cash back from discover from TD.

Wow, now owned by the PCMall/MacMall guys.... another retailer known for their low prices...

So they liquidated stores / distro centers and rebranded under a business focused model with loltastic prices gg td is the walking dead

I have never purchased from them as I could always find better deals on other sites that were much easier to navigate. I would always try but directron, the egg or frozencpu had better prices.

Bought from them a ways back. Got a 7800GT / San Diego mobo combo. When I got it, darn thing was already opened. GPU wasn't in a anti static bag. Clam shell was bent/sticker cut. Sent it back and got a refund. Wasn't impressed.

I never said they had the best prices. They were decent at times. They definitely had some decent First Saturday deals back in the day. Mostly on RAM. That was one of the few things they did well at. I knew a lot of places that were cheaper overall so I rarely if ever purchased anything from TigerDirect.

Wow, now owned by the PCMall/MacMall guys.... another retailer known for their low prices...

That company will die now too. CompUSA is a cancer. It will kill PCMall/MacMall the way it killed Computer City, Circuit City, TigerDirect and itself.

I have purchased from them many times, although strictly via brick and mortar. Sadly they closed the location closest to me.

(Yes, I recognize their prices weren't always the best, however I am willing to pay up to 10% more to have the ability to source parts locally when needed - Because not all clients follow industry standard best practices, and when they lack any sort of redundancy, their issue suddenly becomes service affecting)

I have purchased from them many times, although strictly via brick and mortar. Sadly they closed the location closest to me.

(Yes, I recognize their prices weren't always the best, however I am willing to pay up to 10% more to have the ability to source parts locally when needed - Because not all clients follow industry standard best practices, and when they lack any sort of redundancy, their issue suddenly becomes service affecting)

That's what Microcenter and Fry's are for. I don't know about where you are, but in the Dallas area, but we have multiple Fry's locations which were all easier to get to or closer than the one remaining TigerDirect store was. It didn't matter what city or area you were coming from. Chances are, Fry's is / was closer. We only have the one Microcenter store location, but its in between two of the Fry's locations in a north / south direction in Dallas. It is worth the drive to avoid taking it in the butt at TigerDirect, which inherited CompUSA's retarded policies, pricing and business sense. As I said, I worked at multiple CompUSA stores and TigerDirect felt EXACTLY the same. Hell the stores were virtually unchanged from the days when they were CompUSA's. TigerDirect went back to the old CompUSA uniform, before renaming them to TigerDirect stores. After that some signage changed but not much else.

Back