This Keyboard Will Give You Wood

uhhh, its 125 euro not $125

what switches are in this thing

There'sa commercial product somewhat commonly available like this:

The Impecca Bamboo Designer keyboard
http://www.directron.com/kbb102.html?hardocp=1

They however just make the base out of wood and keep the keys plastic so it doesn't get all ruined right away. It's in a more reasonable price real though ( $15 - $40 online ) .. I mean to get wood that cheap normally you have to go down town. For that kind of price though you should expect a few parts to be un-natural.. so the plastic shouldn't be a big deal.

Also, even the Impecca one doesn't sell very well so I can't see this thing moving any serious volume.

---
P.S. If your going to use cheese, make the mouse out of cheese and the keyboard as a big cracker like substance. The cracker will hold up to more abuse and it's perfect in a keyboard / mouse combo. You wouldn't need quite as much milk that way too. Ideally, you'd probably want to use cheese food instead of block cheese though as that could be form molded and you might be able to get a nice wax rind or wrapper (ala laughing cow) and get something like 3 days shelf life.

I totally support the cracker keyboard and cheesy mouse combination. I don't want Skribbel clones being abused for cheese production. :(

Why is that bamboo covered keyboard so inexpensive? It looks kinda nice and seems a lot more practical than the one this thread is about.

A keyboard that gives you wood will shame your manhood with splinters if you give it sticky keys.

I have a wooden keyboard at work which cost me under half this much. I've had it for around 2 years and it still looks like new. It's made of lacquered bamboo (including all the keys). The keys are slipperier in the middle but rougher at the edges, but I highly doubt I'll ever get a splinter from it (lacquered bamboo doesn't splinter easily). As far as strength/longevity goes, I'd honestly say it's hardier than a regular keyboard... Not as good as my old Model M but this thing's definitely going to outlast a cheap plastic keyboard.

I also have a carved wooden mouse & a wooden calculator... I work for an Energy Efficiency company & sometimes have clients at my desk, so you can see why I got them. What I didn't expect is that almost every client comments on them & asks where I bought them, heh. For my business, they do their job pretty well!

I have a wooden keyboard at work which cost me under half this much. I've had it for around 2 years and it still looks like new. It's made of lacquered bamboo (including all the keys). The keys are slipperier in the middle but rougher at the edges, but I highly doubt I'll ever get a splinter from it (lacquered bamboo doesn't splinter easily). As far as strength/longevity goes, I'd honestly say it's hardier than a regular keyboard... Not as good as my old Model M but this thing's definitely going to outlast a cheap plastic keyboard.

I also have a carved wooden mouse & a wooden calculator... I work for an Energy Efficiency company & sometimes have clients at my desk, so you can see why I got them. What I didn't expect is that almost every client comments on them & asks where I bought them, heh. For my business, they do their job pretty well!

That sounds really nice! I remember...was it Acer...was recently using a layer of bamboo on the outside of their cases. It was more like a skin over other stuff, but it really looked classy and just different than the usual brushed metal, plastic, or (ick) glossy laptops one usually sees around.

Do you have a photo of your desk that we can gawk at? Pleeease?

For such a niche product, I'm surprised it's using scissors switches instead of Cherry switches. They just really wanted to copy a shitty wireless Apple keyboard in wood, I guess.

I actually kind of like the look unlike the vast majority of people here. It's a lot less bland than the usual black on black on aluminum on black on aluminum with blue LEDs setups that we tend to have. But for that price, I would just get another Cherry MX keyboard.

I can see someone working one of these into one of those wood desk projects. Probably not for use, but would be fun for show.

Back