Thinking about water cooling...

Namakan

Gawd
I'd like to give watercooling a try but my first thought is how much I move my PC. I do LANs with friends and family fairly frequently. How does moving a PC affect a watercooled rig? Can you even move a watercooled PC with ease, or is it some kind of giant fiasco? I'm also wondering about what would it cost for a decent set up. If it matters my case is a Cooler Master Cosmos 1000. Thanks! :)

If everything is secure moving a watercooled pc shouldn't be much a problem. A decent setup will depends on what parts you want to water cool such as CPU only? CPU+GPU or etc.. Good setup should be around 200-250 range for just the cpu. GPU+CPU will be in the 300+ range.

you can probably find a decent set up for $150 but it would have to be all used parts. It also what processor you have. older blocks are a little cheaper used. What do you want to cool? cpu? mobo? gpu?

Moving a WC rig is no problem as long as you don't lay anything over on its side. With the new build I am working, I don't think I'll be moving much (Corsair 800D outfitted with a quad and a triple radiator) - way to heavy to be called "portable". If you go with all internal components and a smaller build, it can remain very portable. Just don't knock the case around too much.

Moving a water cooled PC is easy, just don't bump it hard or drop it (make sure nothing moves, secure install)... I wouldn't run used parts if it's going to be your first time. A new setup will cost about $400 with a GPU water block and 300 without if you are going with quality parts.

You can definitely make a good CPU only loop for $180. Adding a GPU component will probably add about $100 more. Swiftech's MCW80 and some RAMsinks are a good option too.

Back