The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Official Thread

If you're on 1.07, you won't complete the gwent collection quest regardless of collecting all cards or not because 1.07 broke the quest.
This one is particularly helpful:
http://gwentcards.com/

good to know, thanks.
on my savegame, the collect 'em all quest is not present the failed quests list,
does this means that I can complete the quest correctly?
is there someone who failed with this quest?

I cannot complete the quest (even using console debug mode to obtain every gwent card for testing and the quest never is checked off). Lots of people have reported the same thing on the CDPR support forums as of 1.07.

People have recommended not to collect the last card until the next patch (1.08) comes out and rectifies this bug, otherwise you will have the quest still ongoing and you never get achievements for it or complete it.

Same for the quest Reason of State, I completed the quest halfway the game and when I got towards the end for the last quest it said I failed it. This is a bug as well (you will fail Reason of State regardless of completing it or not).

question, I cant seem to get the card from the inkeeper at the cross roads after I killed those guys in the in and she flipped out. also I cant access to get into the warehouse that thaler is in to play him.

You mean the innkeeper in White Orchid? Yeah you don't play her to get cards, if my memory is correct you buy cards from her and the merchant outside (the one you and Vesemir save at the start).

You play Thaler later on in the gwent quest "Old Pals" while in Novigrad. After you beat Lambert.

How far are you into the game with Gwent?

um i did high stakes tournament and the only quests I have left are the one to play Thaler, his quest marker takes me to a locked warehouse in Novigrad, the innkeeper who isnt around anymore. and of course the quest thats broken in 1.06

Hmm odd is that after you save him from the Trolls near Velen? Then you need to meet him, Roche and Diijkstra in the secluded warehouse in Novigrad?

Never had a bug with that quest. If you helped Triss with the mage quest before it (innkeeper dies if you save the two mages rather than the group) than I think the bug starts from there. Otherwise no clue, maybe look at an online walkthrough for that quest to see if you're doing it right.

oh that must be it I saved him but I never was able to do that other part which I think screwed up that quest.

I defeated Imlerith !!

Did it at the hardest difficulty too !!!

OMFG, I think I must have tried 50 times. I simply was not going to reduce the difficulty to get past it. I couldn't live with myself if I did that.

His second phase were he teleports around is such a PITA !!

So glad I'm past it now :cool:

I defeated Imlerith !!

Did it at the hardest difficulty too !!!

OMFG, I think I must have tried 50 times. I simply was not going to reduce the difficulty to get past it. I couldn't live with myself if I did that.

His second phase were he teleports around is such a PITA !!

So glad I'm past it now :cool:

Not really a spoiler,... but might as well mark it as, just in case someone is super sensitive.

Be prepared.... to do it AGAIN! Because the final fight is VERY similar, and just as annoying.

I found the fight boring as hell, and slow as fuck. He just got too much defense.

You play Thaler later on in the gwent quest "Old Pals" while in Novigrad. After you beat Lambert.

Funny enough, I have yet to meet Lambert (I assume he's in Skellige, which I haven't been to) but was able to play Thaler after encountering him on another quest. The game seems to take that into account and even told me to play him automatically as part of the Old Pals quest.

Closing in on three weeks with broken achievements. They're not releasing a fix before 1.08, which of course will sit in console-cert purgatory because of some sort of misguided self-imposed "patch parity".

Best of all, they're not even spending the time to make sure the fix is retroactive where it should be trivial to do so.

I have to assume everyone with a brain went on vacation.

I'm at level 22 and have a ton of money I'm not using. 11 or 12K. There are a few items I can buy that are slightly better than my current gear (Enhanced Griffin) but only 2-3 points better. I usually find it's just as easy to hold out for better crafted gear than to spend money on pre-made gear.

I was somewhat poor in the very first area (even after visiting every single ?), but have had an excess of $ ever since I got to Velen.

I'm at level 22 and have a ton of money I'm not using. 11 or 12K. There are a few items I can buy that are slightly better than my current gear (Enhanced Griffin) but only 2-3 points better. I usually find it's just as easy to hold out for better crafted gear than to spend money on pre-made gear.

I was somewhat poor in the very first area (even after visiting every single ?), but have had an excess of $ ever since I got to Velen.

See this is what makes me feel like something is wrong in my game. I am level 25 or so and just finished a contract that is for level 30. I forgot the name of the quest but I only received about 150 crowns for the contract. That is fucking terrible. I did get about 1k crowns on one mission from a King for a quest I really can't remember off hand ( stopped playing for a month until they fixed the shitty movement mechanics) but that's about the extent of good pay I have received. Most jobs give me 20-100 crowns, even high level Witcher contracts.

I had to use a mod to change merchant economy so that I could actually get some money. I pretty much sell everything and I explore loot everything. I have almost all of the question marks in the game explored -- except Skellige. And I am playing on Death March difficulty and I am towards the end of the game ( I think).

But yeah a Witcher contract that is 5 levels above you were you kill an huge monster on the hardest difficulty that rewards you with 100 crowns is ploughing stupid. I don't purchase anything but diagrams for alchemy/potions and I don't play Gwent at all.

DONT PLAY GWENT AT ALL?!?!?!

man gwent is the bomb. I got so addicted to playing people and collecting cards

From what I've seen on forums and reddit, Gwent is kind of a "love it or hate it" kind of thing. I lean towards hate it, haha.

I mean, it's an action RPG with an optional card game in it, not a card game with an action RPG between card matches. :D

Gwent is great, I play merchants even if I have beat them before. Hell I'd buy physical copy right now if they released one.

On the money issue, for me it fluctuates, I'd run around for a few levels with 10-15 k, then find myself broke after finding a new merchant that had some new potion recipes or runes.

ya my money goes up and down drastically depending on what vendors I come across and what gear I happen to be crafting. but money comes easy in skellig since basically every sword/piece of armor that drops is worth 200+ some pieces have been over 1000 so i havent had an issue with money for a long time.

lol I was do one myself but saw it coming straight after my post.

Anyway it was a shame the online gwent site got shut down from a Reddit programmer. CDPR said they would be releasing a standalone one in the future (with new additional cards).

Hopefully soon because I could start a gambling business out of it.

I wish I could feel this way. I was hoping more along the lines of a RL TCG, but there's honestly not enough strategy at all to make it that interesting.

Gwent isn't super-deep, but it's fun when you have a bunch of decoys and spies and pass them back and forth.

Wouldn't mind a Dice Poker DLC, if they implement it closer to the first game rather than the second, where it never felt quite right to me.

As for physical decks, there are card atlases out there for printing.

Thanks to the High Stakes quest I now have close to $20K. While most quests only offer a few hundred coins, I've done tons and tons of them. Not to mention selling hundreds of weapons. I break down anything with an orange background and sell the rest (blue, yellow, black).
I haven't actually seen any good rune recipes. Most everything is still only 2-3% increases and I literally have about 40 of most of those runes.
Where are the vendors selling the better ones?

As for Gwent, I've grown to enjoy it. It's definitely a lot better than the horrible Final Fantasy card games. I think the biggest problem with Gwent is how the game is explained. I was confused how the hell it worked for a while. I think they could have had a better tutorial.

I think the druid at the druid hill on skellige has runes.

oh and gwent gets deeper, or at least more strategic when you get to the higher difficulty players.

Last edited:
No clue how hard it gets (High Stakes felt like the culmination of Gwent) but it seems like getting a lucky draw with as many spies and decoys as possible is key.
Early in the game it's easy to go brute force and just blast people both rounds.
Later in the game it seems like the best approach is to sacrifice the first round (or bait them into thinking you are) with spies and decoys. Even if they have great cards, it's hard to beat someone who has 12 cards when you only have 6-7. Especially if there are 10-point cards in play or the "siegemaster" ability.

Meh I can't get into Gwent, it's a pretty basic game that doesn't involve enough variables to make it that interesting to me.

Love the rest of the game though. Just had time to get back into after getting my 980Ti. Running this game maxed out with Hairworks on is amazing. The detail is just staggering.

Meh I can't get into Gwent, it's a pretty basic game that doesn't involve enough variables to make it that interesting to me.

Yeah, I feel the same. It seems like the only variable is "is this random person going to bust out 5 legendaries and rape me?"

No clue how hard it gets (High Stakes felt like the culmination of Gwent) but it seems like getting a lucky draw with as many spies and decoys as possible is key.
Early in the game it's easy to go brute force and just blast people both rounds.
Later in the game it seems like the best approach is to sacrifice the first round (or bait them into thinking you are) with spies and decoys. Even if they have great cards, it's hard to beat someone who has 12 cards when you only have 6-7. Especially if there are 10-point cards in play or the "siegemaster" ability.

Beating that damn dwarf at the start of High Stakes took me so many tries to beat. He just kept pulling spies on me and I only two in my deck at the time. So I played a few main quests and unlocked playing Thaler in the quest Old Pals and ended up beating the high stakes fairly easily afterwards.

High Stakes is probably the hardest in the game overall, the gwent quest in Skeillege is kind of easy. But I'd say the Old Sage with the monster deck in Velen, the book heeper, Baron and the dwarf in High Stakes are the hardest opponents you'll play.

I don't either. I played one game (which as I recall, the game forces you to do), and that was enough for me. It was boring and I just wanted it to end so I could get back to Witchin' and stuff. Since then, I've ignored every qwent quest, request, etc. It just doesn't interest me.

I don't either. I played one game (which as I recall, the game forces you to do), and that was enough for me. It was boring and I just wanted it to end so I could get back to Witchin' and stuff. Since then, I've ignored every qwent quest, request, etc. It just doesn't interest me.

Same.

"Hi my name is Geralt. I'm here to bang your bitches and kill the monsta's."

This has been my approach as well. I played a few games of Gwent to determine I disliked it, then never touched it again. If I get a quest to play anyone, gather cards, or whatever that might involve Gwent... I just do something else.

I don't think I've played a mini game this bad since Blitzball.

I pretty much avoided Gwent on my first playthrough, think I might actually try to get into it when NG+ comes out.

I only got into gwent on my second play-through to try and get every quest successfully completed. Then I got hooked onto it once I knew how gwent works.

I hated gwent on my first play-through though because I didn't know how it worked and I had shit cards when I tried multiple attempts in beating the Baron in Velen.

While certainly not the greatest minigame in the world, I think the lousy tutorial and explanation they give for the game makes it seem worse than it is.

While certainly not the greatest minigame in the world, I think the lousy tutorial and explanation they give for the game makes it seem worse than it is.

Well that's the thing, there's really nothing to it. You just basically spam the board with cards, and there's really not much of a strategy to it. Perhaps I'm spoiled as an MTG player?

Back