The latest previews from around the net re: SWTOR

Savoy

2[H]4U
English articles:
Eurogamer
Star Wars: The Old Republic Hands On

Gamespot
Star Wars: The Old Republic Updated Hands-On - The Jedi Consular and Multiplayer Flashpoints

IGN
Five Hours with Star Wars: The Old Republic

Videogamer
Star Wars: The Old Republic Preview

Darth Hater
Jedi Immersion Day: General Information Learned
Jedi Knight Impressions
Jedi Consular Impressions
Interview: Daniel Erickson on the Jedi Classes
Interview: Gabe Amatangelo on PvP Warzones

Massively by Joystiq
Hands-on with SWTOR's Jedi Knight on Tython

TOROcast
TOROcast - Special Report - Number 2
Video Interview_ With Daniel Erickson
NPC's of the Old Republic
From Tython to Coruscant: My six hours with SWTOR
Full Stat Analyzation

G4TV
Star Wars: The Old Republic Preview -- Seven Hours with BioWare's Epic MMO

MMORPG
Star Wars: The Old Republic: A 6-Hour Preview
Star Wars: The Old Republic: Daniel Erickson Interview
Star Wars: The Old Republic: PvP in the Old Republic

NowGamer
Star Wars: The Old Republic Interview

Ten Ton Hammer
Star Wars: The Old Republic – Crew Skills and Jedi Classes Q&A with Daniel Erickson

non-English articles:
buffed.de
Star Wars: The Old Republic preview auf das Jedi Startgebiet und details zum crafting in German. Translation (thanks to Conqubine)

multiplayer.it
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Training day in Italian. Google Translation

jeuxvideo
Star Wars: The Old Republic Preview in French. Google Translation

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:
Sorry about the links not being links. I was too lazy to copy them one by one so here is the thread with the actual links from the offical swtor forums.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=238590#close

Last edited:
I have to say this game seems like it's really really gonna be all that and more. I'm starting to get really pumped for this game. Can't wait.

this is the game where i think im going to die with my head on the keyboard

I have to say this game seems like it's really really gonna be all that and more. I'm starting to get really pumped for this game. Can't wait.

That's honestly something that's offputting to me. There is soooooo much precedent for games which were previewed and hyped up and whatnot that turned out to be total let-downs and/or have since been discontinued.

Not going to worry about it too much and just wait and see till the first reviews are in after the game has been running for a month or two.

I think it's looking good. I really enjoyed WoW, and this looks a lot like that, but with Bioware's storytelling capabilities. Visuals still look a little lacking, but we're still a long way from release, and I expect them to be not quite up to par with SP games as it's a MMO

In before Zaroch or whatever his name is comes in here with blatant Guild Wars 2 spam. :rolleyes:

I will pick up the torch for him! Guild Wars 2 is going to own this bullshit, hard. Seriously, just look at any guild wars2 gameplay vids. Do the same for SWOR. No comparison.

I will pick up the torch for him! Guild Wars 2 is going to own this bullshit, hard. Seriously, just look at any guild wars2 gameplay vids. Do the same for SWOR. No comparison.

We'll see. While what I've seen of Guild Wars 2 does look awesome, It ain't the Star Wars Universe, so no matter how good it is it will never come close to the awesomeness that is Star Wars.

I plan to buy both. How's that feel for ya? Makes it easy Amirite?

...so no matter how good it is it will never come close to the awesomeness that is Star Wars.
I think this is actually the biggest problem the title is facing. There is such a long and detailed history of the SW universe, so much detail to consider, so many things to potentially screw up in the name of "making it work in an MMO" that the existing Star Wars lore may just be the biggest enemy of the game for true SW fans.

I think this is actually the biggest problem the title is facing. There is such a long and detailed history of the SW universe, so much detail to consider, so many things to potentially screw up in the name of "making it work in an MMO" that the existing Star Wars lore may just be the biggest enemy of the game for true SW fans.

Remember this is the Old Republic. There's more breathing room since more stories are told later on. And anyways, lore is always conflicting with alternate world/story scenarios. Even George Lucas himself will conflict with lore.

We'll see. While what I've seen of Guild Wars 2 does look awesome, It ain't the Star Wars Universe, so no matter how good it is it will never come close to the awesomeness that is Star Wars.

Dude, GW is way more epic than Star Wars. Now the first 3 movies are pure epicness. I will give you that. After that they went downhill somewhat. So all in all, 1st 3 movies/newer ones/clone wars bullshit, it all averages out to just semi-epic. GW=Fucking Epic.

Story/Lore aside. I have not been impressed with the gameplay that I have seen from SWOR (cinematics have been pretty awesome). Graphics were meh. Everything I have seen from GW2 graphic wise has been downright breathtaking.

Savoy said:
I plan to buy both. How's that feel for ya? Makes it easy Amirite?

Sounds good to me! If SWOR turns out to be all that, then I'm in too! I just dont have high hopes for it. I do have high hopes for GW2..

Last edited:

I agree 100%. No matter what they do, people will bitch that it's out of line with the lore. GW2 wont have that problem because Arena Net opted to create their own universe and not pull a cheap "cash in" on one of the most overdone IP's of all time.

I agree 100%. No matter what they do, people will bitch that it's out of line with the lore. GW2 wont have that problem because Arena Net opted to create their own universe and not pull a cheap "cash in" on one of the most overdone IP's of all time.

So making a game based on one of the most loved storytelling universes worldwide is a cheap cash in? :rolleyes: You just offended this huge Star Wars nerd, lol.

I do agree that the videos shown so far have less of that CRASH BOOM ZAP BANG KA-CHING KLANG action and flash of the GW2 videos, but that is not what I'm in the game to get. If that's what you want, more power to ya :) And we still are talking about games that only a select few have actually played, and those people are under strict NDAs still anyway - so who knows just how good TOR will be.

how could they make swtor good? ditch the fucking light sabers. It's over. Even if that "Part" of starwars was ever cool it's been run into the ground by everybody and their fucking momma.

Just give me the damn war and the smugglers and what not and leave me alone. This game will have at least 800,000 idiotic retard jedi/sith assholes running around and just like the revamp of galaxies I have no interest in playing this doomed POS.

how could they make swtor good? ditch the fucking light sabers. It's over. Even if that "Part" of starwars was ever cool it's been run into the ground by everybody and their fucking momma.

Just give me the damn war and the smugglers and what not and leave me alone. This game will have at least 800,000 idiotic retard jedi/sith assholes running around and just like the revamp of galaxies I have no interest in playing this doomed POS.

Wow optimistic much ? :rolleyes:

So making a game based on one of the most loved storytelling universes worldwide is a cheap cash in? :rolleyes: You just offended this huge Star Wars nerd, lol.

I do agree that the videos shown so far have less of that CRASH BOOM ZAP BANG KA-CHING KLANG action and flash of the GW2 videos, but that is not what I'm in the game to get. If that's what you want, more power to ya :) And we still are talking about games that only a select few have actually played, and those people are under strict NDAs still anyway - so who knows just how good TOR will be.

I agree 100%. We wont really know until it's out. Like I said, I would love a SW MMO done right. If it turns out to be awesome I'll be thrilled.

Back