The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dawnguard Trailer

Looks.. good I guess?

I loved Skyrim and I can't wait for the DLC, but they never really give me a lot to go on with these trailers. I guess I need my sound on the next time I watch or something.

I assume that video was made with the 360 version, 'cause it looks like ass.

It looks like they took a couple of things from the gamejam video and threw them in. I wonder how much content was put in, and how much it'll cost.

Cost is $20. Seems steep, but we'll see how much content there is.

Christ... Prices like that for DLC make people want to pirate shit. Hopefully it's jam-packed with goodies. :(

$20 for an expansion is standard. The fact that it's DLC and not retail hard box shouldn't mean much.

Doesn't Blizzard charge $30-$35 for an expansion?

I'm not sure why people are moaning at $20.

$20 for an expansion is standard. The fact that it's DLC and not retail hard box shouldn't mean much.

Because it looks like "DLC", not an "expansion".

So far DLC has been typically $5-$15.

Also, just because Blizzard charges that much doesn't mean they or anyone should.

The difference is that Blizzard's expansions are actually EXPANSIONS. Lol. :rolleyes:

Screw them, greedy buggers releasing on X-box 360 exclusively first - last time I EVER _purchase_ a product from them EVER.

Really, too lame.

Christ... Prices like that for DLC make people want to pirate shit. Hopefully it's jam-packed with goodies. :(

Makes me wish I hadn't even bought the game in the first place - I mean, it was good, but $20 more? Why not $15? I could deal with $15...

I think I payed $30 each for Mechwarrior4's Clan and Inner Sphere packs that had 4 each, nothing else.

Err... correction...

I was gonna say, I had those too and I never remembered them being that much. :cool:

Really what it comes down to is how much content will be delivered. From the trailer it looks like just a single town with a bit of new gameplay mechanics (crossbows, vampire lord, etc.). Depending on how much content is there in the form of quests/landmass it may be worth $20. Just doesn't seem like it's going to contain 1/3 of the content of Skyrim, though.

Screw them, greedy buggers releasing on X-box 360 exclusively first - last time I EVER _purchase_ a product from them EVER.

Really, too lame.

Man, I hate how greedy Bethesda is. They nickel and dime us for EVERYTHING.

First they support the PC version with 6 patches. Then they have the freaking nerve to add new features such as mounted combat and new kill animations in those patches. Then the greedy fucking assholes decide to charge $0.00 for those new features.

To top off the horrible corprate greed at Bethesda, they release a free modding kit for Skyrim so poeple can create tons of mods and breathe new life into the PC version. They also add steam support for mods so people not familiar with nexus can install them easier. Those greedy fucking assholes decide to charge $0.00 for this mod support. I mean how the hell do they think they can get away with charging $0.00 for mod support so people can get hours more enjoyment out of the game. Boycott the greedy bastards!!!!

:rolleyes:

I have gotten more fun and enjoyment out of the $60 I paid for Skyrim than I ever had with the $600 I spent in WOW subscriptions. Will buy this day 1.

Because it looks like "DLC", not an "expansion".

So far DLC has been typically $5-$15.

Also, just because Blizzard charges that much doesn't mean they or anyone should.

This looks more like an actual expansion pack (like Bloodmoon for TES3). Better than the shitty little DLC's of Oblivion.

This looks more like an actual expansion pack (like Bloodmoon for TES3). Better than the shitty little DLC's of Oblivion.

They seem to be shooting for something along the lines of The Shivering Isles for Oblivion. Same price point and everything.

First they support the PC version with 6 patches. Then they have the freaking nerve to add new features such as mounted combat and new kill animations in those patches. Then the greedy fucking assholes decide to charge $0.00 for those new features.

To top off the horrible corprate greed at Bethesda, they release a free modding kit for Skyrim so poeple can create tons of mods and breathe new life into the PC version. They also add steam support for mods so people not familiar with nexus can install them easier. Those greedy fucking assholes decide to charge $0.00 for this mod support. I mean how the hell do they think they can get away with charging $0.00 for mod support so people can get hours more enjoyment out of the game. Boycott the greedy bastards!!!!

You got a chuckle out of me. The sarcasm rings loud with this one.

Man I haven't touched Skyrim in a few months.... Why am I still reading stuff on it?

Anyways i hope the add on is all that yall want out of it.

You got a chuckle out of me. The sarcasm rings loud with this one.

Glad you got a laugh, its what I was going for.

Bethesda has been guilty of overpriced DLC in the past, but they have put a lot of effort into Skyrim. You really get a lot for your $60, far more than most gaming companies give you in terms of free post release support. Also, instead of DLC on day 1 or month 1 they have waited a long time, which means they started work near or after they shipped Skyrim and have invested a lot of time into it.

I find it funny that a company which did things "right" when it comes to most complaints PC gamers have in the area of cost/support is still being called out for being greedy. If you look at most major PC releases which aren't subscription based, Skyrim has had some of the best support in years.

Man I haven't touched Skyrim in a few months.... Why am I still reading stuff on it?

Anyways i hope the add on is all that yall want out of it.

Oblivion kept popping in threads long after the last DLC came out. It is still popping up. I don't doubt that Skyrim will do the same. I am waiting on the GOTY. The mods should be pretty mature by then, and the game as patched and optimized for as it will ever be.

I can't wait for this. I have 100 hours into skyrim and I'm not even close to having everything explored. Worth every cent I paid at launch. :D

I can't wait for this. I have 100 hours into skyrim and I'm not even close to having everything explored. Worth every cent I paid at launch. :D

You're slow, then. :p

I stopped playing at around 95 hours and I'd done pretty much all the major quest lines and like 80% of the side quests (more or less). Sure there was still some random little nooks and crannies that could be explored and radiant quests, but I did most everything of substance.

You're slow, then. :p

I stopped playing at around 95 hours and I'd done pretty much all the major quest lines and like 80% of the side quests (more or less). Sure there was still some random little nooks and crannies that could be explored and radiant quests, but I did most everything of substance.

I'm jealous. I wish I had 95 hours to screw around. :(

Oh, it's the Vampires For Twilight Emo Fans expansion? Excellent, I can skip it entirely then.

Even employed, I spent about 450 hours in Skyrim already. With 2 different characters, at lvl 51 and 38.

What the motherfucking fucking greedy fuckers they are. Fucking greedy reindeer fuckery you forgot about the $0.00 HD Texture DLC.

Fucking fuckers of fucker-oo!! :mad:

But seriously, this is about vampires, fuck that, it's gay.

Looks pretty amazing. Since I capped I'm not sure how challenging it will be, but looks like fun :).

I still haven't bought Skyrim. I'm going to wait it out and get the GOTY edition with all the DLC on some Steam sale down the road. I'd rather do it this way not only because it's cheaper but because I'll (hopefully) have get all the DLC and patches at one time after they work out the kinks.

Back