The Crew beta signup is live!

If you missed out (?!) Ubi are sending out three new keys to every beta-tester. Here's mine. First come, etc...

YA8H-XP3G-M8FX-KDUP
GCFW-A37C-E3NT-EP73
YHMA-AJAU-66A4-CL63

This twitter account seems to be retweeting people posting their keys on twitter, should be plenty for anyone who wants in.

Grabbed GCFW-A37C-E3NT-EP73, thank you! The one below it is also used (tried that one first).

Do you know how long this beta is running for? I'm moving tomorrow and will be without internet until the weekend, but I really want to give this a test run. Hopefully its not like a 48 hour thing.

EDIT: Till the 29th. Which should be the day my internet gets turned back on. Hopefully there is enough time for me to give it a whirl.

Keys for the Beta, check it out and judge for yourself:

FHCM-3BTA-349B-FDCE

XD6F-XWCX-EAC4-TEA3

technical problems and limitations aside, the actual game isn't that bad. driving physics could be a lot worse. car audio isn't terrible. completely skipped the story, so i can't say how retarded that is (or isn't). kind of reminds me of NFS underground, only a lot bigger and with multiplayer.

i do want to rant about the 'nitrous' (turbo, or whatever they call it) bs though. being into cars myself, it's just wrong, hah. all it does, for some reason, is make your vehicle instantly tach out and confuses the absolute fuck out of the jank ass automatic shifting. i get that it's a video game, but come on. it feels slower than when you're not using it just because gearing completely ceases to exist.

30fps..Jesus. Stop giving Ubisoft money.
Yeah, I saw this and was like WTF. Ended up only giving it 5 minutes of my time before uninstalling. Good riddance anyway, since the driving mechanics were unresponsive and dimwitted. This is seriously arcade physics from 20 years ago.

A real annoyance for me is there are quite a few controls that cannot be remapped. With an Xbox controller shifting is stuck to the right stick while I always use X for downshifting and B for upshifting. Other complaints include the UI being nonsensical and Michael Bay-style gamma and contrast making it difficult to see anything. Also can't hear engine very well over everything else with default audio settings, but I wasn't going to bother trying to adjust them since the game is pure crap anyway.

Well, the game is totally unplayable for me, even after a patch. Pre & post-patch, it boots straight into a background process. I verified that it's cousin, Watch Dogs, works just fine. :mad:

Cant even start this crap, clicking play and it crashes to desktop after a black screen.. uninstalling this 15gb piece of shit beta...

I'll be that guy and admit I didn't even bother to install. Fuck I was so excited about this game. I'm a huge burnout paradise fan just because of being able to race around the city so when I heard the crew would be cross country I flipped out. Then I got my beta key and realized its Ubisoft. uuuuuugggh<---thats not fanboy/hater stuff I literally have just had an atrocious experience with Ubisoft. I stopped buying UBi games a long time ago. So despite my heart sink I went to go find out where I need to active my key...oh right Uplay...Fml. Just gonna pass I'm not installing that again I don't care how much of a hater that makes me look like. I'll wait for the release and see everyones responses. If it's amazing I'll probably breakdown but knowing Ubisoft I doubt it.

The Crew PC specs revealed

Optimal configuration:
&#9726;OS: Windows 8/8.1 (64-bit)
&#9726;Processor: Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-8150 @ 3.6 GHz
&#9726;Memory: 8GB
&#9726;Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX670 or AMD Radeon 7870 (2048MB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or higher)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-31-the-crew-pc-specs-revealed

Ubisoft also released a trailer showcasing how The Crew takes advantage of Nvidia's HBAO+ full-resolution ambient occlusion and TXAA to deliver moodier shadows and eliminate pixel crawl and jagged edges...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ3N9gA1TmA

The Crew is getting an April update. Here are the patch notes.
April Patch Notes | | News | The Crew

April Patch Notes
13/04/2016 04:00 PM

Here are the main changes and features coming in our next major patch!

NEW FEATURES

• Camera mode
    New camera options, specially designed for video makers, will be available in Freedrive. This feature can be used solo or in a crew, giving the possibility to be the cameraman or assign the role to other crew members while driving.
    More details will be shared very soon.

• Freedrive challenge - Save and share
    After creating a Freedrive challenge race or speedtrap, players will have the ability to save and share them with other users in and outside the game.
    More information can be found in our dedicated news.

• Summit Stunt race missions
    A new type of race is coming to the Summit, where players, using motorbikes, will have to set the highest scores by performing all kind of stunts.
    You can find all the details about the Stunt races here!

NEW CONTENT

• Summit
    New qualifier events added for the upcoming Monthly Summit.

• PVP:
      • Pennsylvania Heights - Dirt
      • Miami Downtown Tour - Perf
      • Long Beach Racetrack - Circuit
    • PVE:
      • New Perf time attack in the Mountain States
      • New Raid stunt race in the Grand Canyon
      • New Dragster challenge in the East
      • New Drift challenge in the West
      • New Perf speedtrap challenge in Las Vegas

CHANGES & IMPROVEMENTS

• PVP
    Rewards have been removed for players that spectate the entire race.

• Motorbikes
    • Off-road motorbikes will now be able to perform slides.
    • Motorbikes have been globally tuned to achieve more balanced handling and performance, in line with cars.

• Drift spec
    Drift spec cars have been tuned for a better accessibility and are easier to control.

• Dragster
    The tires heat factor has been modified to avoid a constant increase of heat when driving. This was generating a loss of control when driving normally without even burning the tires.

• BMW M4
    • Improved control of the Circuit spec of the car at high speed.
    • Tuning of the suspensions for the Circuit spec in order to reduce the scraping.
    • The cockpit camera has been slightly moved back.

• New vehicle spec
    The Pagani Zonda will now be available in circuit.

• Pad changes on PC
    • Implementation of an option to disable the device type auto-detection and force it to be recognized either as a pad or as a wheel.
    • This will allow dinput pads to be properly recognized.
    • An additional option has been added in the controls menu allowing players to pick the control type: Pad, Wheel or Autodetect.

Important note: Please note that when using a dinput pad, you must select the “Pad” option in the controller type in order to be able to access the “Camera Mode” feature available on the smartphone.

BUG FIXES

• Fixed the issue that was preventing some players from using nitro when switching to manual.
  • Fixed an issue related to “Alternative mouse control” that was preventing this option from fully disabling the camera movements through the mouse cursor.
  • Fixed the lighting issue of the BMW M4 dashboard for the Perf and FS specs.

Thank you all for your feedback!

The Crew Team

Back