The ASUS ROG GX700 Has An Insane Liquid Cooling Dock

I honestly am going to look into this laptop. I'm sick of gaming on a laptop and it pretty much dying after a year because of lack of sufficient cooling. I've looked into before how to custom build a setup like this because i'd rather have computer that "is" portable and will let me rest easy that it wont be pretending that it's a stove top fryer.

I honestly am going to look into this laptop. I'm sick of gaming on a laptop and it pretty much dying after a year because of lack of sufficient cooling. I've looked into before how to custom build a setup like this because i'd rather have computer that "is" portable and will let me rest easy that it wont be pretending that it's a stove top fryer.

Wow, only a year from a laptop? That's horrible! I only have ever played games on laptops and I've never had that kinda problem. I suggest looking into getting like a business-class laptop or a professional rendering machine (HP Probook, Dell Latitude/Precision) or something along those lines with whatever discrete GPU they include. They usually have much better quality control and cooling since they're typically sold with a 3-5 year warranty. Failures at 1 year would be bad for the company's reputation and hurt business sales. On the other hand, gaming laptops are usually as cheap-o and gimmicky as possible...though they still shouldn't fail that often. Like get a lapdesk or something with a cooling fan inside it if you can't afford a business-class laptop and have to keep buying gamer junk.

You might want to consider one of the Alienware laptops that support external graphics, it's a much more realistic option long-term than this is.

Back