Stuck pixel on GameBoy Advance SP screen...

Astral Abyss

2[H]4U
I picked up a GameBoy Advance SP with the new backlit LCD screen yesterday. Took it home, charged it, turned it on and theres this nice bright red stuck pixel at the bottom of the screen. I just can't accept a defect like that in a screen that small where it's so obvious, large, and noticable.

I'm going to try and exchange it and hopefully they won't give me a hard time.

Anyone else with a GameBoy or PSP with dead/stuck pixels take theirs back for an exchange? Did they give you a hard time about it?

I bought it from Gamestop. (local, not online)

Yeah that's what I'd like to do. I just have this feeling they're going to give me a hard time.

If the store doesn't accept it, just call up Nintendo - they're really good with the extreme few dead pixel issues they receive. They'll certainly give you another one if the store doesn't do it for you. Top notch customer service :)

Thanks guys, store took it back, no problems. I guess after all the hassles you get with stuck/dead pixels on LCDs I was a bit apprehensive. With a screen that small 1 stuck pixel can be very annoying.

When it comes to handhelds, they are much easier to deal with than LCD computer screens (which are a lot more expensive as well). Granted, Nintendo would've given you another one anyway. Good that you got it exchanged :)

Back