Tomorrow I will getting the rest of my computer parts. My build is

Msi e35 a75ma
Corsair 430 watt psu
Msi 7790 video card
Windows 7
Cd rom
1x8 crucial ballistix memory stick
Carbide 200r tower

The processor I wanted is the Athlon x4 750k but they don't sell locally and I don't wanna to order it online so I was wondering if I should buy a amd a10 6800k or amd a10 5800k

Please help and leave suggestion

Depends on if you wanna overclock it or not. If you want to overclock, the 6800k would be better because it can get up to 5GHz on air with no problem.

Just out of curiousity if you are going with the 7790 why not go for one of the quad core a8's and save some cash?

I second that notion. You could buy a decent CPU cooler with the cash you save which would help you overclock it further.

1x 8Gb of ram? Why?

You are destroying your memory bandwidth with just one stick, get two sticks of whatever you can afford.

Could you help out with the question I buying parts at the Moment could you guys tell me which processor is best now?

A10-6800k is with the Richland core - AMD's most up-to-date APU architecture wise. This is the one you should get.

The A10-5800k is with the Trinity core which was AMD's previous most current APU architecture. IOT, it's old. Don't get it.

EDIT: Here's a review of the A10-6800k.

Last edited:
if you want to go with an a10 go with the 6800k there is no use going down when it comes to an apu if you have limited down to a few choices take the best if its affordable.

i would also go for the 750/760k with 7790 over an a10-6800k. the 7790 has A LOT more memory bandwidth and will outperform the APU.

if you could afford it, id try to get a 7850 2gb. The difference in performance betwen trinity and richland is about 3%~ so id pick which ever gives you the best deal.

Back