Stick with audigy2 plat or move to x-fi music?

00ber_m00

Limp Gawd
I'll be building a new computer in a few weeks and I'm trying to save money wherever possible. I currently have an audigy 2 platinum and it works great. Will there be any noticeable difference in purchasing an x-fi extrememusic or should I just stick with my audigy2 plat? I watch movies, tv, and game on it but I'm not sure if it's worth the 110 dollars or so to get a new card. Thanks.

Oops, forgot to mention that. I use Klipsch 5.1 promedia speakers and I don't care about headphone performance.

If you don't care about headphones, then definitely stick with the Audigy 2 Plat. If you want slightly better sound a slightly less cpu usage, you can always softmod your Audigy 2 into a Audigy 4 Pro.

aznpxdd said:
If you don't care about headphones, then definitely stick with the Audigy 2 Plat. If you want slightly better sound a slightly less cpu usage, you can always softmod your Audigy 2 into a Audigy 4 Pro.

continue...I'm curious about this I have an auidy2 zs

I would not think it would be worth the extra money to take the jump, unless you just want the latest and greatest.

The sound quality is really not that much better IMO, and if you are not using cans, then I would just keep what you got.

If you use any Line-In functions on the audigy2, keep that. They've changed it with the x-fi so that there is only one inbound port, and it's split between the Mic and the "Line-In" function. It's a real pain in the ass.

I have another computer going into the in port, and sometimes switching to a game causes my sound to switch from "line in" mode to "mic" mode, where the sound all gets distorted.

To me, this was a poor design move, but others may not have any complaints. I had to buy a usb mic to get around the issue.

I recently upgrded my Audigy 2 (non ZS) to an X-Fi XtremeMusic card because of the $30 MIR that ZZF had, with its already low price.

I'm primarily a headphones gamer, but I didn't really notice a huge improvement over my Audigy2 with the X-Fi CMSS 3D sound. Infact, I can't tell them apart! I don't play BF2 though.

Back