Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

Is it just me or is there something weird going on with Mustang Beta's thrusters? At first it was completely broken but deleting user folder fixed that. Still... I handles really weirdly. Also my Mustang Delta handles quite poorly. It looks like they have some work left to do.

Nevermind, I found it. They don't show up in hangar, but they are a choice when you launch the fighting module in a drop-down.

Yea, the mustang IFCS needs to be worked on. They are more of a bucking bronco than a mustang ATM.

Yea, you totally did say that. Not sure how I completely missed what you were saying... My brain is weird sometimes.

Note the Mustangs also show up in your holo-table so you can swap guns around before flying them if you want to. If you want to take a look at the ship similar to how you do in the hangar take it in free flight mode and land on the pad then hit F to get out. You can check out the living area inside the Beta version by doing this.

I can't wait for the client side to actually have mantle in use. Would REALLY help out on the CPU bottleneck right now.

Man, I can't wait to play this game.

tumblr_lgmyr2koNM1qgljqvo1_500.gif

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14433-VAT-Change-Announcement

Starting February 1st, 2015, Cloud Imperium Games will be launching a European publishing arm based in the United Kingdom, Roberts Space Industries International, Ltd. While Squadron 42 is being developed in Europe, the publishing side of the operation has always been located in the United States. The good news stemming from this change is that we will now be closer to our many European customers (and able to establish community and customer service operations in dedicated areas) and will be able to ride out some of the exchange rate fluctuations troubling multinational sales operations.

The downside of this organizational change is that starting on February 1st, we will be required to charge VAT on all purchases (including digital goods) made through the Roberts Space Industries International website, similar to how we must charge sales tax on items sold in Texas and California. And as you may have read in the press, as of 2015 every seller has to charge the rate applicable in the country of the purchaser. This means that in the coming days, the effective rate for European backers will go up depending on the VAT rate of their home country. We know that European backers are familiar with VAT, and likely have already encountered these charges on goods purchased elsewhere online. We wish there were an alternative to charging the tax, but also believe that it is in our best interest to expand Star Citizen’s footprint to a part of the world that has proven to be truly passionate about space games!

We are informing you today, with two weeks before the switch on Feb 1, in case you have been waiting to purchase a ship or package at the current rates. By popular request, we will make a selection of limited edition and wave two ships available again during the week of January 26, in case there’s a past favorite you missed out on and would like to pick up before the international publishing switches over to RSI. Please check this space on the 26th for a list of available ships.

Sucks for euro players i guess but on the plus side some limited ships are going back up for sale on the 26th so if you missed out on something during the last sales you can likely pick it up next week.

Has anyone tried out the PTU yet? Curious how the missile changes and the Cutlass and Avenger changes are working out.

Also didn't realize they charge sales tax in CA, although I should have known since they have studios here. I am going to assume it applies to side-grades/upgrade packages to.

So what is the next ship due up for a reveal / concept sale? I'm hoping to get a good look at the mining ship or the Hull C. Kinda want to CCU my Starfarer to one of those but not sure which one.

Also didn't realize they charge sales tax in CA, although I should have known since they have studios here. I am going to assume it applies to side-grades/upgrade packages to.

online services are exempt, they should fix that....

My guess if they will be offered in the sub store.

I got all 3 already. If they offer them in the store I'd be more than happy to help anyone in the org get them.

i got the good health globe would of rather got the salvage as the reclaimer looks so good

Well that's a major fail. They put the globes in the subscriber store, but they decided to pull some RNG bullshit. Pay us $5 and you get a one of 3 random globes WTF are they thinking

It gives you the globes you are missing first before the random ones. I got the one I was missing.

Please don't tell me they are wasting time, money and effort on digital snow globes.

How about they fix the shit not working in the Hangar Module and Arena Commander before they fuck around with retarded shit that has NOTHING to do with the game? Would be really nice if Crossfire worked.

Different groups are working on different things, I'm going to go out on a limb and say they didn't pull anyone off Arena commander design to make a flair item :)

Well that's a major fail. They put the globes in the subscriber store, but they decided to pull some RNG bullshit. Pay us $5 and you get a one of 3 random globes WTF are they thinking

are the ones you buy giftable? because the free ones are not.

All the globes, including the ones we got yesterday are now gift-able (I think they did this because people really are partial to particular ships). The "random" globe you buy will always be one you are missing until you have all 3 then they will be truly random.

Seems to me like a snowglobe would be a perfect "starter project" for a new hire to work on to familiarize themselves with the processes and code base. I highly doubt the guy working on fixing Crossfire support is the one who made the snow globes.

Looks like 1.0.1 patch is coming out today. They restarted the servers today and I see a 1 GB patch trying to download, but keeps stalling out.

Seems to me like a snowglobe would be a perfect "starter project" for a new hire to work on to familiarize themselves with the processes and code base. I highly doubt the guy working on fixing Crossfire support is the one who made the snow globes.

No, the perfect starter project would be fixing the hornet to use both missile racks, or making ship configurations save instead of having to redo them every time, fixing that horrible UI for the ship loadout interface, fixing the many problems plaguing Mustang variants weapons and thrusters, fixing the OP as fuck missiles.

Any of those things would be an acceptable use of time and effort.

Not
Stupid
Snowglobes.

A whole bunch of those things are already fixed in 1.01. Missiles now have a fuel system, damage on them is a lot different (if you have shields up), the mustang, avenger and cutlass all received work to their IFCS systems, etc.

ROBERTS SPACE INDUSTRIES – WARRANTY RECALL NOTICE
Greetings Aurora Pilot,

Roberts Space Industries has received a number of reports of malfunctioning Aurora power plant systems. Some 2944 Aurora models may display an issue which causes their weapons systems to recharge improperly, causing gun cooling sensors to malfunction and, in rare cases, permanently overheating.

We at RSI Consumer Affairs take interstellar safety seriously, and are dedicated to going above and beyond to make sure your starfaring experience is first rate. Thanks to the gracious assistance of our partners at Origin Jumpworks, GmbH, we are pleased to announce that every pilot will be provided a loaner starship from the 300 line until the Aurora overheating issue can be corrected.

In addition to the 300i loaner ship, all Pilots will still have access to their Aurorae, but they are urged to use caution when firing the weapons. Our engineering division expects to correct the issue shortly and have everyone flying again as expected. At this time, the 300i must be returned to the nearest ORIGIN dealership.

To the stars,

Binsen Leck
Vice President
RSI Consumer Affairs Division

Guess they couldnt get that buggy overheating issue fixed :(

*edit*: looks like the limited ship sales start today at noon PST.

Anyone know what limited ships will be on sale or the parameters thereof? Ie LTI granted, price tiers etc... ? Any numerically limited ships? Oh, and for any of our EU friends, what VAT changes are they speaking about?

I bought the new pistol in the Voyager Direct store and its ammo based with only 2 clips unlike the unlimited ammo laser pistol and it doesn't give you a choice to switch back :-(

Only thing I heard is that they are doing the wave 2 ships: tali, m50, etc. Nothing else confirmed.

Limited ship sale is now live. And you get 2 years of insurance with the limited ships.

Avenger to Delta CCUs are available again. Highly recomended! The delta is a lot of fun with those rockets.

While the Delta is a very good combat vessel, this is very short term thinking considering how much more flexible the Avenger is in the long term. AC is primarily combat focused where the PU you will need to be more flexible. Just something to keep in mind.

Edit: I'm also willing to bet that the the Gladius will out shine the Delta in every way.

Back