Star Citizen Backers Can Be Perma-Banned For Off-Site Activity

Has anyone actually THOUGHT that maybe Chris dumped a LOT of his own money into development, and now that he has funding he can take his own money back out of the development and do, you know whatever the hell he wants with his own money?

People don't back games so the owners can move money back into their own pockets. That is disingenuous of the fund raising campaigns to use the money to repay past debts and not develop the features backers were promised.

People don't back games so the owners can move money back into their own pockets. That is disingenuous of the fund raising campaigns to use the money to repay past debts and not develop the features backers were promised.

Once again:

1.) Seeing a picture of a car in a parking lot does not make it CR's car. Could it be? Sure. Is it? Who has proof?

2.) Do we know CR used ANY of SC money to purchase said car.

3.) CR's money is, get this, CR's money, I don't know about you, but investments typically work like that. You put money in to get money out. CR may have backed the game or company with his own funds and when it could be funded without those funds took them back, like just about any startup does, only in most startups, when that money is taken back it is taken with interest. That's usually how it goes.

All I know is this, we will NOT be playing a finished game at the end of this year, and I speculate they will almost be out of money by years end too.

All I know is this, we will NOT be playing a finished game at the end of this year, and I speculate they will almost be out of money by years end too.

Pleas provide proof oh wise one who can see into the future,
While you at it who will elections.

Once again:

1.) Seeing a picture of a car in a parking lot does not make it CR's car. Could it be? Sure. Is it? Who has proof?

2.) Do we know CR used ANY of SC money to purchase said car.

3.) CR's money is, get this, CR's money, I don't know about you, but investments typically work like that. You put money in to get money out. CR may have backed the game or company with his own funds and when it could be funded without those funds took them back, like just about any startup does, only in most startups, when that money is taken back it is taken with interest. That's usually how it goes.

I'm fine with CR buying 10 cars if he wants, I presume he gathers a very healthy wage to running a 300 employee multi national tech company. I have an issue with the notion that crowd sourcing money goes towards paying past debts.

The original funding was like 300,000 less than that car lol. If they did wrong which is possible if they wanted to talk to venture capital that car would have been the way to go. The big issue was that he said that he wanted to pull his money back out and keep playing.

I was reading the forums at the time and everyone was told in the original kickstarter once the money is paid the company's are not required to give refunds which makes sense since the best way to sabotage a project would be to pay money to someone then halfway to milestone ask for your money back and loudly so that other people worried that the game is not going to get done ask too then when the game misses the milestone because they have to ask a lawery before they do everything they to ignore their supporters or spend time or assets to deal with it.

I know from personal experience when I tried to get Aeormancy back up and running every time I turned around someone posted something to social media that made the investors flinch and pull out of the deal we were working on.

I'd lay odds he was a member of one the griefer guilds that found it was more fun to mess with the economy after using second life to figure out how.

Back