SSD performance ok? Using the correct Sata 3 port?

burned-ati

Limp Gawd
Hey everyone, I just got a great deal on a Lenovo Erazer X700 for my wife. It uses a X79 motherboard, and im running a 128gb Samsung Sata 3 SSD. I think it is hooked up to my ASmedia Sata 3 ports though, instead of the X79 intel Sata 3 ports. I got a 673 in AS SSD

Is this right? 16.7gb is free on my Samsung SSD drive during the ASSSD test.
READ /// WRITE
Seq 476.20MB/s /// 77.53MB/S
4K 26.91MB/s /// 55.82MB/s
4K-64Thrd 295.50MB/s/// 60.98MB/S
Acc.time 0.143ms /// 0.080 ms

Score 370 Score 125

Total 673

My main drive stopped working on the computer, so this is what we are working with. It feels pretty snappy. Any tips to make it faster? AHCI is enabled in the bios BTW.

This is my first real experience with SSD drives, my other computer is running a sata 3 mechanical HDD. So, ive learned a little bit with Maximum PC magazine, and reading online here and there. prices are finally at a all time low. And I am going to do away with mechanical drives I belive.

Thanks for all the help!

Last edited:
I have x4 sata 2, 3gbps ports they are all black, And I have x2 sata 3, 6gbps ports that are white, and x2 sata 3 ports that are red? I am plugged in to the white ones now. Are the red sata 3 ports the X79 intel sata 3 ports? Thanks for the help! And is 673 ok for a ASSSD score? Or is it bad?

You'd have to specify whether its a Samsung 830, 840 , 840 evo, 840 pro. Why not just google the model number + review and see if you are getting the same numbers they got.

I have x4 sata 2, 3gbps ports they are all black, And I have x2 sata 3, 6gbps ports that are white, and x2 sata 3 ports that are red? I am plugged in to the white ones now. Are the red sata 3 ports the X79 intel sata 3 ports? Thanks for the help! And is 673 ok for a ASSSD score? Or is it bad?

Your sequential writes look low to me but I do not know if this is just normal for the 120GB version. Small drives do not have the same performance of 250GB+ drives.

It is a Samsung 830 SSD. I looked up As-ssd score for a 120gb 840evo and, it was about 10- 15% faster than my SSD. So, I guess it is performing how it should.
I think I am going to go for a bigger drive. The 500gb and 1tb drives perform very very good.
plus, 1TB is plenty. What are you guys getting in AS-SSD? And what are you running?

Back