Split risers?

Epyon

[H]ard|Gawd
My ITX board supports 3x nvme. I am looking for the best way to add 2x video cards. I don't know much about splitting. I am going to guess the best way would be to just lose 1x nvme slot and plug it in via a adapter? i really wanted to find another way because you can game all the way down to 4x and not lose more then 10 fps.

My ITX board supports 3x nvme. I am looking for the best way to add 2x video cards. I don't know much about splitting. I am going to guess the best way would be to just lose 1x nvme slot and plug it in via a adapter? i really wanted to find another way because you can game all the way down to 4x and not lose more then 10 fps.
Miners have used devices to split one PCI-E slot to multiple devices, but I'm not sure how well it would work if you actually want to game with one, or if it's even possible to do so with such a device. Instead of going through the trouble I would just put that money toward a better video card, if more performance is your goal. If you want to multitask with gaming and GPGPU work, then I would just buy a motherboard with at least two PCI-E x16 slots.

I have 2x 4090. One goes into the normal 16x slot but I guess what i was looking for was something that has goes from the main board but has 2 PCI-E boards at the bottom so that those can both run at 8x. I am going to look around on that page some more.

Note: I make $106,000 a year
The Stream S case is a cool case to build in.
My $3000 custom case came a few days ago but i won't be able to build in that for a while.

Both gpu can run at 70% Houdini does not gain much in rendering with power higher then that and games lose meh in frames.

Back