Soyo KT600 Dragon Plus and 4 pin connector?

2Busy

Weaksauce
Just traded for a new in the box KT600 Dragon Plus version 1.0, and was looking at the board and did not see any 4 pin P4 power connector. Is this right? I ahve never seen any XP board that did not have this connector.

2Busy said:
Just traded for a new in the box KT600 Dragon Plus version 1.0, and was looking at the board and did not see any 4 pin P4 power connector. Is this right? I ahve never seen any XP board that did not have this connector.

Kinda answered your own question there. ;) It's a P4 power connector that a lot of AMD boards use.

The Rev. 1.0 boards didn't have the 4-pin connector on them. The later 2.0 revision of the KT600 line from Soyo eventually got them.

Yeah, I knew that part. But this is the first Athlon XP board I have seen that did not have it.

My first socket a board, a gigabyte one, didnt have it either. I was a hardware n00b back then, and was more suprised when I got my NF7-S that it required one that I was surprised because my current board didnt. I knew it was a P4 conenctor and thought only P4 boards used it. However, that was looong ago.

Some boards use the 12v 4pin connector (like most new amd64 boards) and some don't. If you can use it, if you cant don't. Not a life threating problem.

Back