Soon to be updated Paypal seller protection for unconfirmed addresses

kjeldoran

Gawd
Got this email today,

Dear Dale Wagner,

PayPal is always working to improve your PayPal experience, and we’re happy to announce that more transactions are now eligible for Seller Protection.

Transactions that were once ineligible for Seller Protection due to unconfirmed addresses are now eligible. Your account associated with [email protected] has been selected as an early participant in this change; PayPal will extend coverage changes to all accounts by the end of the year.

This new policy affects only those goods covered by Seller Protection. Intangibles remain ineligible for coverage. In responding to customer complaints, sellers must still follow the Seller Protection guidelines.

Thank you for being a valued customer.

Sincerely,

PayPal

Good for us I guess?

I got that too. Don't care. I've exactly one address and it's already confirmed. IIRC it takes like ten seconds to confirm an address, but what do I know.

you might want to remove your full name and email address from that first post

I got that too. Don't care. I've exactly one address and it's already confirmed. IIRC it takes like ten seconds to confirm an address, but what do I know.

Yep, it does take a quick time to confirm. I suppose this change could expand people's buyers since some do not have a confirmed address. I have had a few people with good heat not have a confirmed address on paypal.

you might want to remove your full name and email address from that first post

Eh, my email is visible to most anyways and people can find it on my heat as well. I don't really mind that my name is shown as this info could already be easily found out on the internet. My other important information (address/phone) would probably be harder to find unless there was an exchange of funds/goods.

Thanks for the concern.

I sometimes buy things for my cousins or have things shipped to my university address (all of which are unconfirmed), so this makes things better for me.

Paypal needs to make several changes, the sellers can easily be conned by buyers who are using stolen credit cards. It is very quickly becoming a trend.

Back