Sony PS3 Slim 250GB 3.55 CFW

Selling a PS3 running custom firmware that can play "backup copies" seems like a gray area for these forums... Just my two cents.

How is it a gray area? What it's used for is up to the user, not the device. No one's forcing you to do anything illegal with it.

yeah the gray area is up to the buyer i sold a rgh xbox on ebay knowing darn well it played backups but i needed money so i sold it i didnt tell buyer hey commit piracy with this device.

I see nothing wrong with it, this is an enthusiast forum, doing things beyond what the manufacture intended is part of the fun. And there's a lot more uses to CFW than pirated games. I had a lot of fun tinkering around with homebrew apps back on PSP.

Selling a PS3 running custom firmware that can play "backup copies" seems like a gray area for these forums... Just my two cents.

lol...grey area...You do know this is a computer/gaming enthusiast forum..yes?

Whoa...better STOP all the sales of EVERY single PC on here!!! They MIGHT be used to commit acts of piracy!!!

Isn't selling a chipped console illegal? In the USA, I thought that defeating any copy protection, regardless of the intention, could get you into serious trouble. Granted, they probably won't go after someone selling a single unit, but it seems like more risk than it's worth.

Isn't selling a chipped console illegal? In the USA, I thought that defeating any copy protection, regardless of the intention, could get you into serious trouble. Granted, they probably won't go after someone selling a single unit, but it seems like more risk than it's worth.

It's not chipped, it just runs a custom firmware.

Back