Sony Laptop Dismantle

darknite

Gawd
I see a sticky for taking apart the toshibas, but does anyone know how to dismantle a sony vaio vgn-a190 (pcg-8q5l on the back) i got it pretty much taken apart but it seems somthing is holding me back right in the middle, like something is screwed to the keyboard or something and i dont see anything. if pics are needed let me know, any help appreciated, thanks.

if there are any stickers on the bottom of the laptop, run your finger along them and feel for a screw hole. You'll often find one underneath. That's how they know you've messed with your comp. You can take a blow dryer to the sticker and peel it off so you can put it back on later though........or just poke a hole in it.

You trying to just remove the keyboard or take the top off with the keyboard still installed?

If you are just rying to remove the keyboard(or remove it first) there are prob some screws that hold it in from the bottem and some plastic tabs on the top. If you are trying to remove the entire top before taking off the keyboard you need to remove the keyboard first.

well thats the thing, i have looked under teh stickers, there is no screw, and the keyboard, well i dont really see any tabs or anything that i holes that would pry it out, the last sony i took apart was easy, guess ill just keep messing with it.
thanks for replying

Back