Sons first computer. Mountain Mod Water cooled Bob Slay

U

ubermensch

It is time for me to upgrade. My old mid tower and system were starting to get old hat, but not so old to throw everything out. My son turned 8 recently and it was time for him to get his own comp so I didn't have to wrestle him over mine. The old tower was water cooled using a couple old BIX single radiators and Danger Den blocks. I had to lose the mid tower though. It couldn't fit into the small area he has for a desk and didn't want to have him throw it on the floor with his clothes, legos and other junk. After looking around I found something that worked perfectly for the area on his desk. It's a small acrylic cube by mountain mods called the bob slay. I tried to re-use the danger den blocks. I took them apart and cleaned them, but after putting them back together and into the new loops they all started cracking around the fittings and leaked!! ackk.. I was impressed with the case and service from mountain mods so I went back and ordered up some swiftech blocks and heat sinks for the GPU, CPU and northbridge. First time using them and I liked them alot. They seem of nice quality and look great not to mention perform better than the old cracked blocks.

Everything is water cooled. Using cooler master silent series fans. Nice and quiet and looks great.

Here's a pic
IMG_0103.jpg

workstation
IMG_0107.jpg

Off topic but, Does that Earth picture on your desktop come in 1680x1050? if so, please link me! :)

i had a mac that was retired from a university computer lab when i was 8, lucky little kid! that case looks great though, i like

I see you got a handle on there. Your son going to take it to some local lans??? :p

i build my first pc on a 486 too using windows 3.1 the first thing i done when my dad bought me a pre build one, i just opened it and began tweaking stuff on it hehe

i had a mac that was retired from a university computer lab when i was 8, lucky little kid! that case looks great though, i like

When I was his age I had a trash-80, then a COCO and commodore 64.

I see you got a handle on there. Your son going to take it to some local lans???

No Local Lans any time soon for him, other then maybe small gatherings with friends.
The handle comes stock with the case and it works really well. very sturdy.

the first thing i done when my dad bought me a pre build one, i just opened it and began tweaking stuff on it hehe

Well I think he knows taking a screw driver to it is a NOT unless I'm with him. He can dink around with the OS/software all he wants though. I encourage it, but mostly he wants to play lego starwars and need for speed.

COlor COmputer at age 14,

Commodore 64 at age 16,

XT at 18,

lots of memories.

Good fortune and memories to your son.

Back