Software overclocking an i7 860

drescherjm

[H]F Junkie
So for work for the first time in over 10 years I bought a full system (HP 150f) instead of building it myself (no time at the moment). Anyways the BIOS has no options at all for memory or CPU speed. Is there any software that will let me do a small overclock? I am going to downgrade the OS to xp64 from Win7 home since win7 will not work with our network at the moment so I need software that works on that. In the past I used Setfsb but that was over 10 years ago..

1. I wouldn't try overclocking a work machine, especially not one that has a motherboard with no overclocking features whatsoever
2. Why won't win7 work on your network?

I wouldn't try overclocking a work machine
I have done minor overclocks in the past on work machines without issue. Unless I find reliable software to do this I am going to give it up since Turbo Boost appears to be on. When running IBT I saw 3.0GHz at one point on cpu-z.

Why won't win7 work on your network?

Our domain is samba/linux based and the version we have in place is 3.0.37. This does not allow Win7 machines to join the domain. I can upgrade the samba version to 3.3.10 or 3.4.5 which will fix this problem but I need to test that. Never deploy a major software / network update without testing... I have no time for that. There is also a problem with activation of win7. The machine came with Home Premium 64 bit which I am told does not join domains. I have the win7 enterprise and I am licensed to put it on 20 windows clients in the department that I have paid licenses for but since we are not on the correct network (rented property outside of the university network) activation fails. I have to work that out with software licencing but no time at the moment.

Last edited:
Back