SMP+GPU2+Vista64=No Go

SatTech

2[H]4U
So, I'm finally home and got to put together all my new goodies. I built my q9450 + 280GTX box. I haven't had any luck in the past with the SMP client (will fold a couple of WU, download a new one and then hang - this was on my Phenom box), but I thought I'd try it again. I got the new build up and running with the SMP client, but as soon as I start the GPU client, the whole machine hangs and requires a hard reset. This has happened 3 times. I let the SMP client run a couple of hours before I tried the GPU client. Both of them run fine by themselves. I'm currently running 3 x console clients and 1 GPU client with no problems at all. This is a Vista 64 bit build.

Anyone have any ideas?

Oh, and my points for today only are over 8000. I was producing something along the lines of 2500 per day before. I need to utilize the Phenom in my media center (currently running 1 console and one GPU w/8800GTS on a opty 170).

Thanks in advance

Maybe a insufficient psu or bad memory. Do some more testing with memtest86 then do some loops with 3dmark06+prime95 (blend mode).

Yep, you're probably right. I definately need to do some more testing. OTOH...WOOHOO broke the
10k PPD barrier for the first time ever and I've got another 6 hours or so to go...

Back