Smoke and hit markers

blitzcraig

Gawd
4BD96FC4-58FD-4A11-8A05-04F0CE9E4BD3.jpeg

Note the low bit graphics that smoke and hit markers produce on Cold War with an RTX 3070. Everything is maxed, 1440p 240hz 32”Faker monitor. Ray tracing is on. What’s going on?

Looks like it may be an issue with your monitor. What features of the monitor are you using?

Looks like it may be an issue with your monitor. What features of the monitor are you using?
It's not the monitor, it's the game.

Note the low bit graphics that smoke and hit markers produce on Cold War with an RTX 3070.
Everything OP stated is in front of the reflex sight.

OP isn't helping their cause by giving us camera snapshot of their monitor instead of an in-game screen capture.

Someone who has actually played the game should report back and tell us if this is normal in-game behavior.

Also, OP: post your in-game graphic settings

Monitor capable of 240hz but turned to 144hz to see if that helped. Using a displayport, dynamic contrast off,

Last edited:
I don't know about the first picture.
The new one looks like a driver or unoptimized portion of the level.

The anomaly below just manifested and now it does it frequently.
[pic]
just poking in here as another person who has played the game a decent amount:

can't say that the anomoly that started this thread is common (definitely not working as intended), but the lighting system definitely can feel like it is "washing out" the image if that's what you're referring to in the second anomoly pic. especially true with highly saturated lighting (like the pink in the picture). Some levels feel like there's a fog machine on in rooms with harsh lighting. I've played Cold War on console, not PC so I could have a different experience.

if I'm not being helpful, you can just ignore this.

Back