SLI-XFX 8600GTS

burned-ati

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, i Just got a 8600GTS for free. and the card overclocks good, and runs games great. although, i was thinking i want to get another one for SLI. is this worth the performance?

Well i dont know, i thought it would be good performance for like 130$. keep in mind my first one was gave to me. so it would be like paying for only one 8600. but i would have SLI performance. I dont really like spending so much money on a single video card. I was looking in to the reviews, and the 8600GTS SLI was almost 2 times the FPS. i dont have crysis LOL!! im scared of it. maybe my system will fall to its knees if i tried to run it. Gears of war runs pretty good all maxed out. although, NFS Pro Street, at 1680/1050 get good avg FPS but likes to drop below 30 sometimes. with 16X af no aa.. i was thinking about voltmodding it and trying to get 900Mhz core. but im really not sure.

I would sell it and go for something else. Those cards are crippled bad and everyone knows 2 one legged men tied together are not going to make a world class runner.:D

Id think you should be able to get about $100 for it and then go for something else. 8800GTS 320s are running like $190 and also have rebates, should be able to get one used for less. 8800gt would be good if your willing to spend $225-$250 or even the ATI alternative 3850 goes for $160.

All of these cards individualy will royaly spank a top notch 8600GT SLI set-up. Also factor in less heat and power consumption from having just one card. Dont forget either, not all games support SLI so youll only be running one shitty, crippled card on those games.

The only reason to go sli is for increased performance and well, you have so many alternatives that are cheaper and offer better performance that it just doesnt make sense IN ANY IMAGINABLE WAY to go SLI with these cards. When they launched people did SLI with them because no other cards were available in the $200-$300 range but that has changed in the past few months. You should not even consider this at this point in time.

well guys i think that just about sums it up!!! lol. i will put the card on ebay tomorrow. starting bid ummmmm $10. 3 day auction. i really had no idea the 8800GTS 320 was that cheap. i thought they were still the same price as a 8800GTS 512mb version. i guess they finally dropped the price on the retired version of the 8800GTS:p thanks for all the help. and information! im gonna go video card browsing now.:p

Don't rule out an HD3850 in that price range either. You can OC to near HD3870 performance. This card is above the 8600 but below the 8800.

I am looking at all the reviews, Nvidia or ATI. i dont care,. the 3850 puts up some pretty good numbers on the benchmarks. but the 8800GT does just great!. i kinda wanted something 512MB. i guess ill see mine selling for maybe $85 or $100.. so lets just say i will spend $250. only site i can think of is newegg for great deals, although is there anywhere else i should look around at? $250 is my limit. thanks for the help guys.

Back