Six Flags Virtual Reality Roller Coasters Coming Soon

I really hope it's just a video trying to show what it would be like to use the VR.
If they're really thinking of giving out headsets for a rollercoaster ride, they've lost their minds.

I really hope it's just a video trying to show what it would be like to use the VR.
If they're really thinking of giving out headsets for a rollercoaster ride, they've lost their minds.

They are, and they have. Though the one's they are going to be handing out will have all manner of straps to keep them on people's heads. As for why you would want to do this: you get to take a ride you already paid to have built and turn it into a totally different ride!

My guess is that they'll have a lot of people who suffer motion sickness from this stunt and barf from the small changes in direction not immediately reflected on the screen.

I love this idea and think it's awesome. The full simulation route would still require inertial forces to be created to add to what it is you're looking at. Being on the roller coaster while using the VR takes care of that.

I love this idea and think it's awesome. The full simulation route would still require inertial forces to be created to add to what it is you're looking at. Being on the roller coaster while using the VR takes care of that.

My local mall used to have roller coaster simulator in it. It was a box about the size of a car on hydraulics. It would hold 8-10 people, it was fully enclosed and in the front was a big screen that simulated a roller coaster ride. Used to go in it all the time when I was a kid (15-20 years ago). They used to have several other simulations too like off roading or air plane fighter all by the same company.

Anyone else grossed out with sharing VR headseats with other sweaty people? No thanks

Seriously. Who knows what crap is stuck to people's faces that would get transferred. Oh yeah.. little jonny with a cold just used this one.. and he had snot smeared all over his face when he put it on.

They have to be smoking something if they thing this is a good idea.

Maybe I can now enjoy six fags from my mother~in~laws trunk as she barrels down the highway going to town, it would be much more scary. But just think of the mind trip you can give people screen says we are turning right but the coaster just goes straight or left, baaaarrrrrfff, seizure, stroke. They will claim this as a safety feature as they can now stimulate the same endorphins with out actually moving: reads falling out while coaster is stuck upside down.

So how much extra does that cost? Last time I went to Magic Mountain they were nickel and diming the shit out of people, you have any sort of bag? Nope, you can't put it on the platform or keep it with you, it needs to be stored in the locker, that'll cost ya! Oh you paid $14 for that souvenir cup that lets you get $1 sodas all day? Yeah gotta pay to put that in a locker too (saw so many people stashing them in bushes)

Anyone else grossed out with sharing VR headseats with other sweaty people? No thanks

It is one thing to do it at a theater with 3d lenses, but there is plenty of time between showings to wipe them down and clean them.

A roller coaster has too many people coming and going too frequently either the lines are going to be 100x as long waiting on staff to clean the VR sets properly or they wont get cleaned at all and be a fucking germ hot spot that i wont even get within 5 feet of

Seriously. Who knows what crap is stuck to people's faces that would get transferred. Oh yeah.. little jonny with a cold just used this one.. and he had snot smeared all over his face when he put it on.

They have to be smoking something if they thing this is a good idea.

According to the articles I've read the cases on these are going to be covered with some antibacterial schmutz and they'll be fully Purelled between rides. I doubt you'll be likely catch anything from using these anymore than you'd be likely to catch something from using a public bathroom at a Six Flags.

It's a short bus idea for a lot of reasons but pathogen spreading just isn't even close to the top of that list.

It is one thing to do it at a theater with 3d lenses, but there is plenty of time between showings to wipe them down and clean them.

A roller coaster has too many people coming and going too frequently either the lines are going to be 100x as long waiting on staff to clean the VR sets properly or they wont get cleaned at all and be a fucking germ hot spot that i wont even get within 5 feet of

My first thought exactly... three things are going to come out of this:
  1. An explosion of skin infections.
  2. Even longer lines to rides that already have insanely long lines, due to the need to prevent skin infections.
  3. Even higher prices to pay for the staff to prevent 1) and 2) from happening.

What the hell is wrong with you people... drop the Political Correctness crap. The world will not end here because of this...

I bet it won't be any better than that POS canada's wornderland ride with the huge projection screens on the walls.
Coaster was shit, line was 2 hours (on a calm day in the park) and the visuals were also shit.
Fucking gimmick.

Did something of this sort at Disney World. Sit in the cart, TV in front...Simulator i guess...but in the end, I was sick to my stomach. Normal Coaster's I am fine...cept that one at SilverWood that went backwards and whipped my head back and forth

Last edited:
According to the articles I've read the cases on these are going to be covered with some antibacterial schmutz and they'll be fully Purelled between rides. I doubt you'll be likely catch anything from using these anymore than you'd be likely to catch something from using a public bathroom at a Six Flags.

It's a short bus idea for a lot of reasons but pathogen spreading just isn't even close to the top of that list.

I hate public restrooms. They always looks like they only get cleaned maybe once a month with urine all over the floor because people are incapable of knowing how to pee. It's like people go in there drop their pants and spin around in circles while peeing. And don't even think about sitting on one of the toilet seats to take a crap unless you carry your own cleaning kit with you as there is usually crap plastered on the seat.. and if not, then there is urine on the seat.

I only use public restrooms when absolutely necessary.. and if it is too dirty, I will make myself wait until later when I don't feel like I am going to catch at least 10 different diseases just from entering the restroom.

Wonder how many pairs of glasses they will lose in a day due to people taking them off, knocking them off... People already lose glasses and hats, can only imagine something like this is going to fly off also.

What the hell is wrong with you people... drop the Political Correctness crap. The world will not end here because of this...

Political correctness crap? Where is anyone here being PC?

On one of North America’s first dedicated Virtual Reality Roller Coasters, you’ll experience thrills like never before. In partnership with Samsung Gear VR and Oculus, SUPERMAN The Ride will be equipped with wireless headsets that, while wearing, allow you enter a virtual world with high-resolution imagery and 360-degree views that synchronize to the action of the coaster...mmm

Back