Single channel PCIe cards?

Suicidal Insanity

Limp Gawd
Anyone know when these are comind out or can point me to some, I could use a cheap single channel card for an extra monitor.

yeah single channel is 1x, thats what I mean, not the normal 16 channel cards.

I currently have a PCI card but could use it elsewhere so I would swap it for a PCIe 1x card with more bandwidth if they exist

robberbaron: thats PCI-X... not PCI or PCIe..

PCI-X is not going to be found on any mainstream PCIe board.

lithium726 said:
robberbaron: thats PCI-X... not PCI or PCIe..

PCI-X is not going to be found on any mainstream PCIe board.

What are you talking about? They are planning on cards like that for PCI-E, and the card I linked to was PCI-E. Please clarify what you're correcting me on, because I don't see anything wrong.

*sigh*

the card you linked to is PCI-X (or at least it says it is). PCI-X is a 66mhz PCI bus intended for server use.

edit: looked at the link again, newegg needs to change the title. sorry bout that

lithium726 said:
*sigh*

the card you linked to is PCI-X (or at least it says it is). PCI-X is a 66mhz PCI bus intended for server use.

edit: looked at the link again, newegg needs to change the title. sorry bout that

nVidia called it PCX. Not PCI-X. Note the lack of an "I" in the name of the card. Please get your facts straight before you jump down my throat. I am one of the few people in here that get pissed when people mistake PCI-X for PCI-E as well, so I understand.

well now im just pissed at nvidia, not you check out the edit :p

maybe THATS why everyone is still calling it pci-x.

Back