SimCity for $39.99 and more @Amazon

Can't believe there are people in here defending this game and considering buying it. And that folks is why we have day 1 DLC, restrictive DRM, and butcherings of classic franchises. My 5 year old has more self control than some of you. I know it's SimCity and all - but jeez...

Can't believe there are people in here defending this game and considering buying it. And that folks is why we have day 1 DLC, restrictive DRM, and butcherings of classic franchises. My 5 year old has more self control than some of you. I know it's SimCity and all - but jeez...

Is it so hard to believe that some of us have had a good experience with the game?

Is it so hard to believe that some of us have had a good experience with the game?

Must be console kiddies. Considering everything I have seen and experienced, only a new console kiddy type gamer would pick this up after all that has been reported.

Must be console kiddies. Considering everything I have seen and experienced, only a new console kiddy type gamer would pick this up after all that has been reported.

Maybe, but I picked it up during the weekend after launch, and despite a day of non-connectivity, it has been fine since and a lot of fun. And the last console I owned was a PS2 I sold in '05.

Not to mention the other MAJOR bugs that after some patches still werent addressed.

The CEO stepping down said it all. I'll take a copy once its free.

Agreed Modred189,

Can't believe there are people here that just can't accept that some of us are having a decent time with the game. Thanks to the OP, I just bought this last night and do not regret it. I played for 4 hours straight and would have pulled an all nighter if I didn't have to work in the morning.

I understand, people are upset. But this is not the first game to cause controversy in the gaming community. Day one DLC, DRM, changes made to classic gameplay, will most likely happen again for other games. For good or bad? That's up to debate, as it is now.

I respect everyone's opinion, but I will not be persuaded by the latest outrage every time something doesn't work out perfectly from day 1. I buy what I want, when I want, that is my prerogative. It has nothing to do with self control or being a kiddie gamer. Don't like the game, fine. I totally understand. But belittling the gaming community over different opinions is pretty low.

Yes. If you have played the game for more than an hour the huge bugs are very apparent. We are not talking about small things but huge game-stopping bugs.

I bought it yesterday on Origin and it worked fine. I also still got the free game (grabbed Mass Effect 3). Couple friends have been playing and I joined their area.

Blah blah blah EA is evil, who cares...

I don't think it's about EA being evil. They probably aren't. They're probably mostly just dumb and/or clueless, but intentionally or not they come off like assholes who don't respect gamers enough to give us value for our money (example: Simcity). For some people like you, that may not matter. For others, it does... Lucky for EA, there's lots of people like you out there. :p

Yes. If you have played the game for more than an hour the huge bugs are very apparent. We are not talking about small things but huge game-stopping bugs.

That, after the first day, I have yet to run into... so I'm not sure what you're talking about. I'm just over 13 hours in fwiw.

That, after the first day, I have yet to run into... so I'm not sure what you're talking about. I'm just over 13 hours in fwiw.

Are we talking about Simcity or another game? I am not going to write out all the issues I had but if you browse through the EA forums you can see what the issues are.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Miscellaneous-Issues/bd-p/sim-city-misc-issues

and I guess everyone on here is having a perfect time:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1676676&page=48

Are we talking about Simcity or another game? I am not going to write out all the issues I had but if you browse through the EA forums you can see what the issues are.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Miscellaneous-Issues/bd-p/sim-city-misc-issues

and I guess everyone on here is having a perfect time:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1676676&page=48

Look, I'm not saying it was a perfect launch, and I know there are issues. But there are a LOT of people who have not had any game breaking issues (again, since launch), and those they have had are minor irritants (like traffic) that can be worked around strategically.

Look, I'm not saying it was a perfect launch, and I know there are issues. But there are a LOT of people who have not had any game breaking issues (again, since launch), and those they have had are minor irritants (like traffic) that can be worked around strategically.

I personally think the traffic issue is/was major because it slowed/stopped city services from reaching their destination, along with deliveries and other services like recycling trucks.

The traffic issue is a bug and should not have to be "worked around strategically".

That is only one of the major issues. I'm genuinely happy for you that you don't have the processing city errors, along with rollbacks and completely full servers, but many people do have these issues.

The game was launched unfinished. Don't get me wrong, I think the game will be fun later, but they need to fix these major bugs,

No not really - I mean millions of people loved farmville. I'm just surprised how easily people are willing to part with their hard earned money - especially in this case where, you have to admit, the reviews have been overwhelmingly super negative... I can't think of a game that has gotten this much bad press, since, ever.

My point isn't to berate, just pointing the finger at what I consider to be the problem: Most gamers think day 1 DLC, BS DRM, and butcherings of classic franchises into Zynga style games are A-OK. I disagree - I'm tired of supporting this stuff, and I'm disappointed because I think I'm in the minority. But whatever - just my opinion, and you know what those are like :)

I'm glad you're having fun - surprised, but glad. Sad that this trend will continue, and that I'm an "entitled whiny gamer" I'll just spend more of my disposable income on other hobbies I suppose.

No not really - I mean millions of people loved farmville. I'm just surprised how easily people are willing to part with their hard earned money - especially in this case where, you have to admit, the reviews have been overwhelmingly super negative... I can't think of a game that has gotten this much bad press, since, ever.

My point isn't to berate, just pointing the finger at what I consider to be the problem: Most gamers think day 1 DLC, BS DRM, and butcherings of classic franchises into Zynga style games are A-OK. I disagree - I'm tired of supporting this stuff, and I'm disappointed because I think I'm in the minority. But whatever - just my opinion, and you know what those are like :)

I'm glad you're having fun - surprised, but glad. Sad that this trend will continue, and that I'm an "entitled whiny gamer" I'll just spend more of my disposable income on other hobbies I suppose.

Maybe I should, in full disclosure, admit that I didn't pay for the game after gift cards etc... :eek:
That said, I am still having a good time with the game...

I've actually been thinking about trying out some Dove Men stuff...the only fail about this promo is the games suck. They ALMOST hit their demographic...or maybe I'm not actually the demographic for this promo.

Back