Silverstone SST-SX600-G 600w Gold SFX

Great find once again!

Strange, Tony and the warranty page both say -LG.

I wish we knew for sure which one it is, it's probably about time to create a separate thread for the 500W unit.

So it seems that the 500W version will be a bit larger then the 600W version right?

Does anyone know if the larger size of the 500W will be a problem? Is it considered an ATX PSU or smaller?

I'm also assuming the 600W SFX will come out later, but how much later?

The height and width is the same as SFX, the depth is extended from 100mm to 130mm. Whether that will cause a problem really depends on the case.

Does anyone know if the larger size of the 500W will be a problem? Is it considered an ATX PSU or smaller?

I'm also assuming the 600W SFX will come out later, but how much later?

Hey Niv! As Phuncz mentioned earlier in this thread, their new 500W extended SFX should fit the M1 just fine (not sure if you're working on anything other than your M1 builds).

Not sure how far off Silverstone's regional release dates are, but Veryrar just mentioned that the 600W might be available in May, and the 500W in June (at least in Japan).

Hmm. Next month release for the 600W seems maybe too optimistic, since it still hasn't passed certification, and they're still showing off the same ST45SF-G with a sticker over the label.

Thanks for the news Veryrar!

Last edited:
Now that we've publicly announced the SX500-LG (sorry, the sticker on that sample PSU was also incorrect!), I can share more details with you guys here:

- We are calling this PSU "SFX-L" form factor to avoid confusion with our current SFX models. There will be SilverStone cases that will fit SFX, but not SFX-L PSU like the SX500-LG.

- The width and height of SX500-LG is exactly the same as a standard SFX PSU (but deeper by 30mm) so they use the same mounting holes on cases.

- Semi-fanless feature is included, fan will spin when internal PSU temperature reaches 41C.

- Maximum speed for PSU fan is around 1500rpm

- PP05-E style cables will be included with SX500-LG

Price and availability are currently unknown!

- Semi-fanless feature is included, fan will spin when internal PSU temperature reaches 41C.

- Maximum speed for PSU fan is around 1500rpm

- PP05-E style cables will be included with SX500-LG

Amazing! I wish they'd be available sooner than later

brilliant tony.

can we have an updated FT03-mini (minus optical drive) to go with it? :D

That would be great, yeah. With a few tweaks, they could do it without making the case any taller, too.

And colors!

SilverStone said:
The SX600-G will likely not be widely available well into Q3 time frame.

Saw this on OCN earlier, thought I'd share here too.

Saw this on OCN earlier, thought I'd share here too.

Bummer, thanks WiSK! Yeah, I thought it was weird that they would announce a hopeful release of May in the Japanese presentation that Tony gave, then him say "unknown" here.

hey guys, can someone tell me whether using the SX500 over the SX600 would interfere with any long graphics card inside of a NCASE M1?

I like the sound of utilizing a 120mm cooling fan over an 80mm one, but not sure if the added 30mm of depth along with the cabling would make it impossible to fit a longer graphics card. Thanks!

It will be 130mm long, Necere stated long GPU's can only be used with (real) SFX PSU's or ATX PSU's of max 140mm length when non-modular. Modular adds 10mm easily.
Since the SX500-LG seems to be modular, this might be a close call. It does have the slim cable set included, maybe that will help.

hey guys, can someone tell me whether using the SX500 over the SX600 would interfere with any long graphics card inside of a NCASE M1?

I like the sound of utilizing a 120mm cooling fan over an 80mm one, but not sure if the added 30mm of depth along with the cabling would make it impossible to fit a longer graphics card. Thanks!
It's one of those "it's gonna be tight" things. A 130mm long PSU has about 20mm between itself and the top of a long GPU, which isn't a lot for modular cables. It may help that the SFX is off to the side, so the cables have some place to go next to the GPU. How readily it fits we won't really know until someone actually tests it.

@Phuncz @Necere:

I appreciate the feedback, thanks!

If I end up being one of the first to get it, I'll definitely report back with my thoughts.

Tony, can we get a black SFX to ATX adapter to be included? or provided as an option?

Hey, did anyone notice that the SX600-G was added to their GPU support list, and it's rocking a 50A rail?? :eek:

http://silverstonetek.com/downloads/PSU/GPU-supportlist.pdf

fdZegCH.jpg

Looks like the PDF was just updated yesterday, 5/8/2014.

Seems logical since it has 33% more power that it has a 33% fatter 12V rail.
The two 8-pin and two 6-pin connectors (without splitters) does mean real support for multi-GPU.
Although I wouldn't be sticking two GTX 780Ti's or R9 290X's on that PSU just yet :)
But a pair of GTX 770's or R9 280X's, it should be able to handle it at stock clocks.

I hope the PCIE cables are still like the 8 pin + 6 pin on 1 cable like the old way. Less cable management to worry about

Excellent news :)

Still nothing new on Ecova certification list however...

So the size of this new PSU is going to make it useless for M1 builds with a long graphics card and also useless for the SG05/06?

I have to admit, if it's 30mm deeper I don't see the point - there are already 500W ATX PSUs with similar dimensions?

[Edit] SS's own Strider ST60F is 150w x 86h x 140d

This new PSU is going to be, by what Tony said... (same as the ST45SF but deeper by 30mm) => 125w x 63.5h x 130d

Fair enough, my calculations were a bit out. :p

Still, an extra 50W for 30mm less workable space?

Last edited:
^ The "exciting" thing about this PSU is that it's the first "SFX" PSU with 120mm fan. Many people will get it just for that, hoping for more silent rigs ;)

The go-to PSU for the Ncase owners would be the true SFX 600W PSU, while the people interested in the low noise would want the "L-SFX" 500W PSU. It isn't certain the PSU will block long GPU's, this is something Necere thinks might or might not fit, depending on the cables and connectors.

The signs are looking good though, since it has the PP05-E kit which has flat cables.

Can't wait for this little guy to come out. My M1 case has been sitting in my bedroom, empty, since I got it. The first piece of my new build is this PSU. After getting it and sleeving it with some custom colors, that's when I'll worry about the other pieces. I figure the CPU and GPU market changes a few times a year so I might as wait till then.

Can't wait for this little guy to come out. My M1 case has been sitting in my bedroom, empty, since I got it. The first piece of my new build is this PSU. After getting it and sleeving it with some custom colors, that's when I'll worry about the other pieces. I figure the CPU and GPU market changes a few times a year so I might as wait till then.

I'm right with ya. Itching to build my new rig out, but without this PSU I'm stuck waiting and staring and a beautiful empty case :(

I'm right with ya. Itching to build my new rig out, but without this PSU I'm stuck waiting and staring and a beautiful empty case :(

I am in the same boat to, I don't want to build my new machine till every piece I need is available.

I know the feeling. I have two M1 sitting in their box. My focus has shifted to building a new atx rig atm anyway. :D

Will upgrade to the SX500-LG from bronze 450W if it fits and turn out to be quiet. All the 120mm fans in my case let out a pleasant low hum even when ramped up but the 92mm fan in the bronze 450W gives off a high pitched whirl at idle.

Will upgrade to the SX500-LG from bronze 450W if it fits and turn out to be quiet. All the 120mm fans in my case let out a pleasant low hum even when ramped up but the 92mm fan in the bronze 450W gives off a high pitched whirl at idle.

it isnt't even 92mm, but only 80mm ...
too bad the 120mm fan is also only a slim one.

-------------------------------
@ Tony Ou
Any updates? :D

Any updates? :D

Incremented PID from the RS831S URL until I found this..

RooUe05.jpg

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=524&area=en

Exciting, right? :p (don't get too excited, though.. there was 40+ other unreleased Silverstone product models below that one)

Couldn't find the SX500-LG, and since it wasn't listed on the updated GPU list last week, I'm getting a feeling that the SX600-G might make it out the gates first. Yay!

You are worse than me AFD :p

I will get excited when I get confirmation on pre-order :D

You are worse than me AFD :p

I will get excited when I get confirmation on pre-order :D

Ditto.

Just curious - is anyone waiting on this to perform a SSF build? I'll be looking to order it, but for a build I plan to do at the end of the year, when we have Broadwell and Maxwell (and I have the funds ;))... I suppose I'm just curious as to what people plan to use the newfound power for.

Just curious - is anyone waiting on this to perform a SSF build?

... I suppose I'm just curious as to what people plan to use the newfound power for.

I couldn't wait any longer, so I purchased the ST45SF-G for my M1 build. I plan on upgrading to the new SX600-G, but not necessarily for the additional power (appreciate the added headroom).. mostly I'll be getting it for the semi-fanless operation.

Just curious - is anyone waiting on this to perform a SSF build? I'll be looking to order it, but for a build I plan to do at the end of the year, when we have Broadwell and Maxwell (and I have the funds ;))... I suppose I'm just curious as to what people plan to use the newfound power for.

Yes two builds. I put my M1 build on hold for either this or the SX500-LG. And for my Compact Splash I might as well put one in as well and upgrade the GPU. It's not so much the extra power, but for me the extra overhead, since I'm a folder and the GPUs are running 24/7.

Ditto.

I plan on building a watercooled setup in my Ncase M1 with the SX600-G, Maximus VII Impact and Devil's Canyon 4790k. Whether it happens as soon as they are launched or shortly after, only my wallet can tell...
Beside the above 3 parts, it will have a gtx780, a couple SSD's, and eventually a complete water loop for the board/proc/gpu.

Back