Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

What do you do in Rockville? My dad grew up there...we still live in MD :cool:

Its a non profit society on the FASEB campus, ASIP (American Society for Investigative Pathology). I am basically the web developer/graphics designer/whatever else they need done, lol.

I live in Silver Spring, though it may as well be Burtonsville (outskirts). So the drive is about 45 minutes with traffic.

AthlonXP: I wish I lived that close:( I may be getting an apartment close to work within the next 6 months or so. There is an apartment complex literally right next door. It is right by the beltway. Prices are ....you know.

How do you get the Wii cd slot blue light to stay on? Mine is never lit except for a millisecond when first powering on the wii.

Simple. Add your e-mail address, and then send it an e-mail. It will glow blue until you read that message. ;)

My dust collector.
IMG00004dd.jpg

Lame front firing 5.1 :rolleyes:

cant put it anywhere else yet, so all i have for now is just a bunch of speakers throwing directional sound one way only. had a proper set up in my other house.
doesn't matter to me.

Edit: no one asked you, your not the speaker placement king.

Nice sharp 42" 'er...I own the Westy 42" 'er and I couldn't imagine surfing or gaming on anything smaller...

hey officer i remember you from the westy thread. i introduced the $579 W3 in that thread, but mine turned out to be defective and i returned it for a full refund and got the sharp instead. yup, theres nothing quite like transformers at 1080p...

hey officer i remember you from the westy thread. i introduced the $579 W3 in that thread, but mine turned out to be defective and i returned it for a full refund and got the sharp instead. yup, theres nothing quite like transformers at 1080p...

Hey Alexheinz.. Sorry the Westy didn't work out for you.. But it looks like you got everything workin now! 1080P rulez! ..lol. The only thing I really wish I could do at this 1920x1080 resolution is overclock my SLi setup for a little performance boost.. Vista x64 + overclocking a SLi setup is still a no-go.. I refuse to jack with my video cards BIOS settings.. Ugh!

Its a non profit society on the FASEB campus, ASIP (American Society for Investigative Pathology). I am basically the web developer/graphics designer/whatever else they need done, lol.

I live in Silver Spring, though it may as well be Burtonsville (outskirts). So the drive is about 45 minutes with traffic.

AthlonXP: I wish I lived that close:( I may be getting an apartment close to work within the next 6 months or so. There is an apartment complex literally right next door. It is right by the beltway. Prices are ....you know.

heck yah, they are expensive now.

This isn't really the place to comment on peoples' speaker setups. This is an LCD show thread and that's off-topic so get off it, please. It obviously works for him and that's all that matters.

Sorry about the poor quality. All I have to take a pic is my dive camera which isn't the greatest above water, has probs focusing with all the light or something.
455uc76.jpg

Wasted 5.1. Nice.

partially wasted, the way my room is it actually spreads the sound nicely, so im happy with it fer now.

for "taylorwilsdon", that was added sarcasm, didn't mean to tear you a new one:D.
i thought you would get it due to the childish remark.

here, I fixed my setup, hope you like.
IMG00009.jpg

much better.

Can u take a picture a little further away so we can see the monitor seated on the desk for comparison sake?

partially wasted, the way my room is it actually spreads the sound nicely, so im happy with it fer now.

for "taylorwilsdon", that was added sarcasm, didn't mean to tear you a new one:D.
i thought you would get it due to the childish remark.

here, I fixed my setup, hope you like.

audiophile'n and stylin' :D

Sorry about the poor quality. All I have to take a pic is my diver camera which isn't the greatest above water, has probs focusing with all the light or something.

thats probably a first, picture of a setup taken by a diving camera!:p
[H] is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get.

how's that stand working for you flashpoint? I've been thinking of getting one but don't want one that scratches the finish on the front

how's that stand working for you flashpoint? I've been thinking of getting one but don't want one that scratches the finish on the front
Scratches? Don't have that problem. I have seen some crazy DIY people coat the tip of them with rubber though. Guess it depends on the headphones I duno. The top of the hd650 is a decent size so I dont see it being a problem with other cans. Just be careful, dont throw it like a horseshoe and you will be fine imo. :D

Bed Bath and Beyond. Places like linens and things, wal-mart, target. Pretty much any department store will have them.

To your previous post, are you worried about scratching the finish on the phones or the banana rack?

first post! lol

here's my setup.... I just need a decent 5.1 system and I'm done for now lol

DSCF1333.JPG

Cheap man's HD setup, lol.

Very nice ^_^ Clean and simple, what are the specs?
Yeah it's clean... and it REALLY is what it normally looks like lol I'm a neat freak :D

Specs:

C2D E6750
Gigabyte P35-DS3R
OCZ Gold XTC P-6400 2GB
BFG 8600GT OC 256MB (will soon upgrade to the new 8800 GT cards :D)
Vista Ultimate
Monoprice 2x1 HDMI switcher with the PS3 and the PC hooked up to the monitor.
Monitor is the LG L246WP-BN - excellent monitor for computer use/photo editing and not bad for some PS3 gaming and Bluray movies.

i want to know where i could get that wallpaper.
PM me your email, I'll send them to you :) they're all in 1920x1200.

first post! lol

here's my setup.... I just need a decent 5.1 system and I'm done for now lol

DSCF1333.JPG

Cheap man's HD setup, lol.

you gotta be kidding...that is a boss setup. i have the same kind of desks...since finding this site, i've seen quite a few of them, love clean setups. i should post mine up after i learn to re-size my photos

i was even looking at a similar desk light at costco the other day...only thing that held me back from buying it was that i prefer desk clamps, to allow more room on the desk top

great setup

you gotta be kidding...that is a boss setup. i have the same kind of desks...since finding this site, i've seen quite a few of them, love clean setups. i should post mine up after i learn to re-size my photos

i was even looking at a similar desk light at costco the other day...only thing that held me back from buying it was that i prefer desk clamps, to allow more room on the desk top

great setup
Zentech beat me to it. I second everything he said about your setup: looks clean, great, simple, neat... excellent!

guess this is where the rubber meets the road...i was inspired by the posts today...gentlemen, my first photos of my setup

2nkib9s.jpg

4zmgc92.jpg

4tpvjar.jpg

^small home office room.
windows side desk (ikea!):
left - princeton19", right -samsung syncmaster 22" 225bw, mounted vertically for websurfing
hauppauge wintv hvr-1600 pci tv card, cable tv run to time warner motorola box, standard-def
printer sits on bottom table, on a black stand - cable box is at bottom.
dual dvi nvidia ge-force 7600 gs
creative sb x-fi sound card, creative speakers with sub and remote control

wish list: to replace the 19" with the new gateway 30" hd monitor, run time warner hd cable set-top box for hi-def tv, side by side with existing 22" samsung, use this side for web surfing

5ymah3m.jpg

6fijc6o.jpg

^apple side desk (love the ikea tables!):

left: apple i-book g4
networked to windows printer via apple airport express
right: princeton 19" monitor
used as dual screen apple system
apple wireless keyboard/usb mouse
creative speakers with sub on floor
ipod 80 video black w/jbl speaker base (just got it :))

i am not a gamer. i LOVE simple/clean setups, glad i found this site, found it during my search for 30" monitor reviews on the web. hope to be here a long time. thanks to all who have posted photos/comments. i'm learning a lot and getting some good ideas here...

have at it

Thanks for all the comments guys! Such a nice welcome gift to a newbie member on his 1st post. lol

zantech, nice, clean setup there too! People don't believe me when they come to my place and see that my desk looks like the way it is in the pic, and they think that I clean it before I have visitors... lol like I have the time to do that. haha. If you keep things clean and neat it's easier to maintain, and if you need to swap things out you won't have to take apart EVERYTHING because all the wires are all tangled up. You seem to have the same philosophy there with your setup.

What's that keyboard you have there?
it's a BenQ x805 wireless desktop setup... I'm using a wired mouse because I still don't feel that wireless ones are as responsive as wired ones, but that's just me. ;)

Nice blackberry. I had to use one of those for a while. Pretty good phone/pda
It's not bad... I'll probably upgrade to the Pearl soon because it's half the thickness and has a camera! Gotta love Push-email that's for sure.

how do you like those Creative speakers? There's a wireless remote that comes with it right?

You have the same desk as I do, but a larger sized one lol. If I had enough room I would've bought the larger one too because I'm starting to run out of real estate on my desk!

guess this is where the rubber meets the road...i was inspired by the posts today...gentlemen, my first photos of my setup

2nkib9s.jpg

4zmgc92.jpg

4tpvjar.jpg

^small home office room.
windows side desk (ikea!):
left - princeton19", right -samsung syncmaster 22" 225bw, mounted vertically for websurfing
hauppauge wintv hvr-1600 pci tv card, cable tv run to time warner motorola box, standard-def
printer sits on bottom table, on a black stand - cable box is at bottom.
dual dvi nvidia ge-force 7600 gs
creative sb x-fi sound card, creative speakers with sub and remote control

wish list: to replace the 19" with the new gateway 30" hd monitor, run time warner hd cable set-top box for hi-def tv, side by side with existing 22" samsung, use this side for web surfing

5ymah3m.jpg

6fijc6o.jpg

^apple side desk (love the ikea tables!):

left: apple i-book g4
networked to windows printer via apple airport express
right: princeton 19" monitor
used as dual screen apple system
apple wireless keyboard/usb mouse
creative speakers with sub on floor
ipod 80 video black w/jbl speaker base (just got it :))

i am not a gamer. i LOVE simple/clean setups, glad i found this site, found it during my search for 30" monitor reviews on the web. hope to be here a long time. thanks to all who have posted photos/comments. i'm learning a lot and getting some good ideas here...

have at it

can you do me a favor can u take a pic of the 22" one in its normal horizontal position next to the 19"? pls mister?

The speakers were the biggest pain to wire, as I probably have a couple miles of extra wire behind that desk :p The tower itself wasnt too bad (relatively speaking), managed to get most of the wires neatly stowed away.

Back