Shortening temp sensor wire - Aquaero 6

AP2

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm finally installing my AQ6 along with the supplied temp sensors. Unfortunately, they are super long and would like to shorten them.

does anyone know where to get the molex terminal crimp? Not the black connector, but the pins that go in it?

db_file_img_829_800xauto.jpg

If you take your time taking them apart with a safety pin, you can just reuse them... I've done that lots, even splice two fans to one header like that. But if you do want new ones, look for a local electronic supply store.

Or just cut the wire and splice it back together at the desired length. Crimp, or shrink wrap, or if you're me just electrical tape. ;)

Or just cut the wire and splice it back together at the desired length. Crimp, or shrink wrap, or if you're me just electrical tape. ;)
lol I was gonna suggest that, cause it's something i'd do, but It sounded like he wants a clean look.

lol I was gonna suggest that, cause it's something i'd do, but It sounded like he wants a clean look.

Electrical tape is clean!! Given you wrap nicely and use a scissor to cut it vs just pull until it breaks! (me) lol. Sorry... Couple beers.:eek:

Back