Short Film of the Day: The iMom

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you have fifteen minutes to spare, you ought to watch this video. The iMom will change your life! Is this where we are all heading?

Last edited:
If I wasn't married I would order a couple of those... either that or wait until the iSlut version comes out.

Man, that was creepy from the getgo, and I was so right!

5 minute mini version of a Twilight Zone episode drug out for 13 minutes.

not really that deep.
\omg technology can have glitches with grave consequences. Yes like ppl getting killed by cars.
I was hoping form something a bit more profound than " a glitch turns tecnhology into a potential killer", something that actual dealt withe human mind consequences of said technology instead of just showing of a worst case scenario and say look there is a bad situation lets us all focus on just that part.

I would say that it points more towards autonomous technology that people will expect to work without supervision. People getting killed by cars... but if there was a driver, where the brakes fail, they can still turn the car. Now the Google Car... that would be more similar to this.

Partying instead of raising your kids... we already know that doesn't turn out well.

And after the lawsuits, the lawyers will be the ones making all the money, same as always.

You know what makes these things fun (not the blinky) its the new firmware by bangbangrobomon

the new slutberryfire rom makes the imom turn tricks like no bodies biznass

hell i even saw pimpbot 2000 placing these on the sunset strip making bank.

and the best thing about it its not illegal sure the cops can harass ya but they have no legal standing and they have to return them upon request .

word is that you can also configure these to take bitcoin and or etherum, with etherum they can create long term contracts and enter you into binding agreements for monthly ummm services !! so yeah

just get that new firmware and make this b*tch work for you.

I would say that it points more towards autonomous technology that people will expect to work without supervision. People getting killed by cars... but if there was a driver, where the brakes fail, they can still turn the car. Now the Google Car... that would be more similar to this.

Traffic light are automatic... doors to the trains and the trains themself are automatic. A lot of our stuff are automatic and can have grave consequence if it goes wrong.. the bottom part is still that it hard to take it as any kind of profound thinking if it basically just argumentating " hey something could go wrong" rather than the direct emotional/humanistic consequence of the technology even when it works... or works to well.
You can point your finger at anything and say: " its dangerous if it goes wrong", even hammering in a nail, you can potential loose a finger.

Well it's an i-Product it had to go wrong ;)
Seriously though, this is what nightmares for parents are made from. There is no way in hell I would ever trust a machine or anything with artificial intelligence to take care of my children ( ages 3 & 5 ) hell not at any point in their lives.

Anyone seen the movie ExMachina ? it not you should if you like artificial intelligence....

Last edited:
Pretty decent short. Most of the time these amateur directors pull out all the typical cliche dialogue/camera tricks/story lines where the whole thing is just painful to watch. This was surprisingly well acted/directed/shot. The intro mosaic of tv channels has been done before, along with the snap succession of tv programming, but beyond that it was good, and had a nice ending.

Wasn't there a TV show about this last year on Fox or something?

Traffic light are automatic... doors to the trains and the trains themself are automatic.
But traffic lights only controls the flow of traffic, and that traffic has a human component. And the human component can stop to avoid huge problems. I'm almost 100 percent sure that trains have human conductors that can step in to intervene with the automatic functions.

My post wasn't saying it could be dangerous if it goes wrong, it was saying that being dependent on something without supervision, and in this case a human component, is something that you shouldn't do because of glitches. Even human workers, you should have a supervising component if you want them to work well.

You like the idea of sticking your meat into a toaster?
This was a "toaster" yeah sign me up! :)
battlestar-galactica-tricia-helfer-as-cylon-number-six.jpg

This is why we need to implement the 3 laws robotic as written by Asimov.
The laws where written into the core of the brain, and any violate would cause the brain to self destruct.

This is why we need to implement the 3 laws robotic as written by Asimov.
The laws where written into the core of the brain, and any violate would cause the brain to self destruct.

But if it were hacked or glitched out, then who is to say that the 3 laws would be followed? And if that is the case, then why would it self destruct?

Back