Shipping printer

I have a new Canon printer that I have printed one picture with that my wife and I want to sell. The ink cartridges are, of course, already inside. I'm wondering if it will cause any harm to ship it if I leave them in there or if I need to take them out before shipping.

I can't put the little orange packing tabs back over the holes in the cartridges so I'm not sure how I'd take them out and include them in the box without them leaking everywhere and making a mess. Maybe put tape over them?

Thanks in advance!

I'd be careful about using tape, it might damage the print heads. I'd suggest taking the cartridges out and either putting them individually into plastic bags, or maybe into some plastic wrap/clingwrap (whatever you want to call it) and seal them up in a bag.

Shipping printers in non-original packaging can be problematic, because there are a lot of moving parts that can bump around and get damaged

Agreed, all the annoying pieces of plastic you have to pull off the various printer parts are there for more than just your annoyance ;)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back