Sharp Suspends Production at Its LCD Factories

HardOCP News

[H] News
Uh oh, could a LCD price hike be on the way? Let's all cross our fingers and hope for the best. Thanks to Aaron Johnson for the heads up.

Sharp Corp., Japan’s largest maker of liquid-crystal displays, plans to suspend its two biggest LCD factories until May after last month’s natural disaster led to a shortage of materials. The plants in Osaka and Mie prefectures, halted this month because of a shortage of gas needed for production, will resume operations as early as May 6.

Cross my fingers and hope for the best when it comes to the japanese or tv prices? Feels kinda shitty to be worried about tv s when there's some serious shit going on over there.

Cross my fingers and hope for the best when it comes to the japanese or tv prices? Feels kinda shitty to be worried about tv s when there's some serious shit going on over there.

Not if you worry about both. :D

Well, let's just see if there is a Japan left if the Fukushima reactor goes nuclear. 12,000 tonnes of water dumped into the pacific ocean :(. Sadly, they haven't cooled the reactor yet.

They are just managing to keep it under control but salt water appearntly might not work indefinately as the salt water evaporates from the sheer heat of the reactor, salt is being left behind that's working like a layer of insulation. I remember the last readings before the Ministry of ...commerce, industry and trade(I think that's the three words), where not looking good. Of course, it was declared that the meter showing horrific numbers was 'broken' and no new numbers have been given since...in about 11 days.

its plainly absurd to even consider anything in any mainstream media source .. ours theirs, anywhere.. as even remotely truthful.

Goebbels is rolling in his grave witnessing the sheer level of propaganda we are awash in every moment of every day.

power owns all media. power that only serves it's own agenda. across the board absolute selfishness rules the day.

Back