Selling my quad core system. $800

DarkMonkey

Limp Gawd
So I haven't been on these forums in almost a year, but it seems you guys are the only people who can appreciate a custom computer. So I've come back to try and sell it. Anyway... I'm just copying straight from my craigslist posting.

I finally broke down and decided to sell my pride and joy. Anyway, here are the hardware specs...

CPU: It's a Q6600 with the G0 stepping, lapped to a mirror finish and overclocked to 3510mhz

GPU: It's a eVGA 8800GTS 512mb g92 core with a Zalman Vf1000 on it. I have the custom heatsinks from petrastechshop on it.

Memory: Right now it has a pair of 1gb (For a total of 2gb) sticks of GSkill PC800 ddr2, I also have a pair of 2gb (For a total of 4gb) sticks of OCZ PC800 that I can send instead, it's up to you.

Motherboard: Abit IP35 Pro

Sound Card: Turtle Beach Catalina 7.1

Optical Drive: Sony DVD RW

Power Supply: OCZ 900W modXstream

Case: Lian Li PC65B

Hard Drive: 250gb Western Digital SATA 16mb cache

Watercooling: I have a Black Ice Extreme triple 120mm Radiator fed by 1/2th inch tubing and a swiftech 655 pump going to a D-Tek Fuzion block that has been lapped to a mirror finish to match the CPU. There is arctic silver 5 between them. I have been running a mix of distilled water and FluidXP since I built the system.

So, onto the more specific things. On the motherboard I have replaced all the thermal compound under the heatpipe with Arctic Silver Ceramique and I have replaced the dinky plastic clips with actual bolts. The optical drive is stealthed and I have hidden every wire I could. Every fan inside the case is an Antec Blue L.E.D. fan, there is a 120mm fan I added to the top of the drive cage, this is where the radiator originally was until I upgraded it. The radiator has three delta high CFM fans on top of it and they are linked to a Fan controller built by Performancepcs.com It is built into a drive bay and blends perfectly, the status L.E.D.s show blue for low voltage, white for high voltage, and no light for off. I have connected the case so that the blue power L.E.D. shows hard drive status and the red hard drive L.E.D. is just not connected.

You can't tell by looking at it, but the way the radiator is mounted is actually MUCH stronger than it looks and is as sturdy as anything else on the case. I never expected it to be that strong when I mounted it.

$800 is my asking price. I'll include a Saitek Eclipse II keyboard and a basic logitec optical wheel mouse.

http://delaware.craigslist.org/sys/970763029.html

You can see pictures of it there, or email me at [email protected] Don't bother emailing it to the address my name is registered to, I never check it. Anyway, I really need to sell it so shoot me a PM or an email if you're interested. Take care, guys.

people on craigslist were prob scared off by all the custom work and think it will break and they are screwed, also intimidated by the WC.

Whoops. I posted this right before the website went down and couldn't find it when it came back up, so I just assumed it had been lost. I apologize. Anyway I'm responding to all the PMs and if anybody is still interested let me know. Here are some full size pictures of the system.

Tophertower.jpg

insides.jpg

outsides.jpg

I'm willing to part it out if it gets to that, but I put a lot of money and even more time into building this system so if possible I'd much rather see it go as a complete work. So for now I won't part it out, but if it doesn't sell I suppose I'll have to. I know the money is a moot point but I guess I feel kinda like an old guy with a hot rod, if it has to go, I don't want to see it go in pieces.

Back