Seems hot?

EricNS

Limp Gawd
I have an AMD64 3400+ Clawhammer in an ASUS K8V Deluxe mobo. I used arctic silver ceramique and idle temps on the mobo is around 37C and the processor idles at around 48C, on load, bf2 running or 2 instances of WoW, the processor heats up to 52C. I'm using a thermaltake heatsink. To me this seems hot...do i need to look at a better cooling solution such as better hsf maybe zallman or spring for some water cooling?

might be a bit toasty...the load temp anyways...55 is usually the most u want ur CPU to hit so 52 is pretty close :p...i dunno why most peoples idle/load temps are so much different...my idle and load temps are within 5 degrees of each other (35 and 40 degrees celcius)...i use the thermalright xp-90c with a 92mm panaflo fan...why dont u try reapplyin thermal paste and reaseatin ur heatsink

that's kinda hot IMO... my clawhamer 3200+ @ 3400+ speeds with 1.6 voltage loading prime95.. which would generate more heat than those games only loads to 48....

O and also.. the reason from my experience that the temps form idle/load is so much diff is voltage.. I can idle at 40 at stock voltage and load up to only 45 or so.... when I bump the cpu to 1.7 voltage.. the load is 41-42 but the load goes all the way to 59-60 lol.

it's warmer than a lot of Clawhammers will run. The idle temp in particular, the idle - load differential is pretty normal.
I wouldn't run out and spend money though, you're not going to hurt your chip at 52C.
Might want to examine your case cooling, see if you can't get some better cool airflow over the CPU hsf, might drop your temps a bit.

But again, don't be too concerned.

exactly the page i printed out to use while installing it ecplipse. It could very well be the misreport though, ill check that out when i get home. It seems odd, to me anyways, that the proc is reporting soo much higher than the mobo?

i dunno.. somewhere in my thread, i listed a way to test to see if it really is misreporting.. but i need a cold boot with the dfi instead of just a reboot

Back