Seagate 200gb for $69.Similar to last week S00 after rebate

Sorry I like outpost and segate drives but I wont touch another rebate from them even though one worked out before. Me aswell as many others have gotten our rebates invalidated from the last rebate offer. :(

LiquidX said:
Sorry I like outpost and segate drives but I wont touch another rebate from them even though one worked out before. Me aswell as many others have gotten our rebates invalidated from the last rebate offer. :(
I did too .. those f*ckers.

I have seen the angry posts, however the drive w/o the rebate is still cheaper then most places, including the egg.

It says the rebate expires 2005-01-13 so does that mean we won't be able to get the rebate if it ships ground?

The rebate problem, as I understood it, was that Outpost was offering rebates on OEM drives where Seagate only honored the rebate for retail drives (or vice-versa). I would think about getting some sort of guarantee from Outpost to cover the rebate in case Seagate balked, before I thought about depending on this one (not that I would buy a Seagate).

Sometwo said:
It says the rebate expires 2005-01-13 so does that mean we won't be able to get the rebate if it ships ground?
Generally speaking, rebates go by the invoice date. So if you ordered today and the invoice was cut today, you would be okay. You'd just have to make sure to get it postmarked by the postmark deadline (usually a month or so after expiration).

Malatov said:
Generally speaking, rebates go by the invoice date. So if you ordered today and the invoice was cut today, you would be okay. You'd just have to make sure to get it postmarked by the postmark deadline (usually a month or so after expiration).

Thanks, I'm going to have to get it then... I'd rather have a WD, but it's cheap and has a 5 year warranty :cool:

Malatov said:
The rebate problem, as I understood it, was that Outpost was offering rebates on OEM drives where Seagate only honored the rebate for retail drives (or vice-versa). I would think about getting some sort of guarantee from Outpost to cover the rebate in case Seagate balked, before I thought about depending on this one (not that I would buy a Seagate).

Not really. I bought mine in store from Fry's, and it was retail and everything. Got rejected. Someone else (in the other Segate thread) called and was told that the rebate processing company messed up cuz they only had a partial list of valid serial numbers, and that they're trying to fix that.

That said: Has my rebate been fixed yet? No. Would I try another Seagate rebate? Probably.

Back