SATA DVD Burner not working

OlIv0rIolI

Gawd
I bought a sony optiarc 7240 sata dvd burner. It is recognized in bios, I can see it in device managers, but when I put a dvd in, windows xp 64bit doesn't read it. I put in windows installation disk into drive and restarted computer and it doesn't boot into installation screen.

Help please

Are you in AHCI or IDE Native mode for those Sata ports? Optical drivers should be in IDE native mode. Some times you can split your banks between AHCI and IDE.

I have the gigabyte p45 ud3p. In the bios, there is the sata raid/ACHI mode and sata port 0-3 native mode. Both are set to disabled.

I tried many things and nothing is working. so far I tried different sata ports. I tried enabling the sata 0-3 native option ( in the manual it saids enabling changes it from legacy to native?)
I tried ACHI enabled. nothing works, the dvd burner doesn't read any disk.
I observed that in My Computers, I can right click on the drive and select eject and the drive ejects.

Time to try another burner. Something is dead, and you need to determine if it's the burner or the ports on your MoBo. My guess is that you got a burner with a DOA optical system. It happens.

Back