Sandisk Sansa View 32GB

Silent.Sin

Gawd
I've been interested in the 32GB Sansa View ever since I saw it get announced and it's almost time for it to come to market. Before I go buck wild and buy it next month I would like some opinions.

First off, to those of you here who may own some lesser Sansa Views what is your opinion on them? Is the interface alright? Can you load rockbox on it if it's not (their site doesn't mention the View series at all, working or not)? What about format compatibility? I've got a few FLAC and ogg tracks so it'd be awesome to not have to convert those, but they're the most troublesome to find a portable player for so if I have to bite the bullet I will.

I've basically been waiting to buy a large mp3 player until the flash based ones reached 30+ GB. Never been a fan of any moving parts because I'm likely to drop this thing at some point so I don't want a hard-drive. I've also grown tired of feeding my old rio batteries and replenishing it's rather puny 1.25GB available space with songs everytime I get tired of the playlist. With 32GB I should be able to fit 75% of my music on there and never get tired of it. It seems like exactly what I've wanted but I don't want to jump the gun too soon and end up disappointed.

As of right now there really is no competition for this product in the flash mp3 player market. Hell there are barely even any 16GB ones out there. Would it be in my best interest to wait until Fall maybe to see if something better comes along? CES was pretty lackluster this year in relation to mp3 players so I'm out in the dark on what might be coming out in the near future.

Back