Samuel 17 Released

For just being released there are a ton of reviews out there already and I'm not impressed with the results. In one test with a 60cfm fan mounted on the Samuel 17 the AMD stock cooler won.

Wish I could find a review with the Samuel 17 vs other sff coolers like the GeminII S so we would have more of a direct comparison.

It's a decent option if you're very height limited, at 46mm tall (sans fan). The Big Shuriken cools better though, at roughly the same height and cheaper to boot. The only real reason to go with the Samuel 17 is if the BS won't actually fit, since it does have a somewhat larger footprint.

The GeminiII S is a fair bit taller (~62mm w/o fan) so I would it expect it to do better than either, though.

Any one know if this will fit on the intel h57 itx board? Just curious of clearance since the socket is close to the pcie x16 slot...

Thanks

Any one know if this will fit on the intel h57 itx board? Just curious of clearance since the socket is close to the pcie x16 slot...

Thanks

I can't remember where I saw it, but I saw an image with the thermalright axp140, the shuriken and the samuel 17 installed on the h55/57 mitx motherboards and the samuel 17 fit fine. It should work without interfering with the slot as a lot smaller than the axp140.

Back