Samsung S27A970

Nice to see more input options included on this one. HDMI for my PS3 and MHL for my Samsung Galaxy Note.

Nice to see more input options included on this one. HDMI for my PS3 and MHL for my Samsung Galaxy Note.

Yeah I saw the MHL and I thought to myself, "cool, but when the hell would I actually use this?" -- I was thinking for my PHONE, but I can definitely see someone hooking a tablet up to it.

Same screen but apparently the initial Samsung press release called it the SB970 in error which was then subsequently corrected in other content and by their press agencies

Yeah I saw the MHL and I thought to myself, "cool, but when the hell would I actually use this?" -- I was thinking for my PHONE, but I can definitely see someone hooking a tablet up to it.

The Galaxy Note is a smartphone.

Thanks.

So I wonder if this has a glossy or semi-gloss screen.

It sounds like it would have a glossy screen like the Apple Cinema Display if the front panel is glass.

DAMN THIS COULD BE THE SCREEN THEN :) glossy and hi res

Yeah it could be, but for me only if it would have a white finish :( It's dissapointing that there are no more quality, stylish looking monitors in white glossy finish like my Samsung 971p :(

Bah, I just managed to make a long thought decision on the 750D and now they come out with this one.
To wait or not to wait.. after all it is like 400 euros difference.. hmm.

Also why did they remove 3D from these series, or is that because of the different panel?

Last edited:
They should of made the stand use a VESA mount, and recessed the inputs (under the base) further so the back could go flush with walls, other than that, it looks great, but I doubt they will sell many as it is more expensive than the ACD.

Bah, I just managed to make a long thought decision on the 750D and now they come out with this one.
To wait or not to wait.. after all it is like 400 euros difference.. hmm.

Also why did they remove 3D from these series, or is that because of the different panel?

The PLS panel isn't fast enough for shutter glass 3D. The 3D monitors are all 1080p 120 Hz TN panels.

Awesome, just like my Apple LED, but with more ports and not fiddling around to change the brightness.

Someone kick these engineers in the ass and tell them that shifting all of the guts from the TV to the base isn't fooling everyone. Most people, yes. Everyone, no.

Someone kick these engineers in the ass and tell them that shifting all of the guts from the TV to the base isn't fooling everyone. Most people, yes. Everyone, no.

um no disrespect friend , you are correct 100 percent but man have you seen the quality of the new tvs , compared to these office monitors we been getting lately , the lcd for pc has been shit for 3 years and we all looking for just one good monitor but all have major flaws , but ive have 3 tvs , not one flaw . . .
i do hate missing vesa stand , but i dont care I stand on my head for a nice glossy monitor that has hi res

I liked the Apple displays, but this is prettier, better viewing angle and response time. The only limiting factor at this point is the PRICE. Hopefully it will come down when it becomes widely available, if only by a couple hundred dollars. It would blow a Dell 27 IPS out of the water with its specs, especially with the gamer crowd, IMO.

Holy shit, just as I was finally getting ready to pull the trigger on the 850D, they pull this out...HDMI, looks to be superior build quality, and hopefully the backlight bleed issues fixed?

Although...I really don't think I could stand a 27" glossy...really hoping this is semi-gloss/light AG like the 850D.

What's everyone problem with Glossy? n I have the Apple and love it, I have no glare problems, and I think it doesn't look cheap like AG non glossy.

Aye, I won't buy a non-glossy monitor. You give up too much with a matte coating just to prevent a little glare.

Aye, I won't buy a non-glossy monitor. You give up too much with a matte coating just to prevent a little glare.
totally agree , it definatels kills 5 to 10 percent of viewing cuase of the cloudness , but i have seen sont do a good job at it , but i prefer glossy also , hopping this display will be great , and i can sell the Samsung S27A750D , I just purchased :D

Let's please not have this thread devolve into another glossy-vs-matte battleground. I have a glossy laptop (Dell Studio XPS). The reflections always bother me, and that screen is only 16". Matte, done right, doesn't detract from picture quality. Unfortunately, too many companies these days are going overboard with it (I'm looking at you, LG.)

Anyway, back to drooling over this new hardware...

Interested in this monitor, I just hope they don't screw it up with a bunch of scaling electronics that adds a crap-ton of input lag. Or at the very least, have a bypass function.

I don't suppose anyone has found any specs on this monitor - specifically dimensions...?

Also - is there a definitive list of inputs?

Thanks!

Interested in this monitor, I just hope they don't screw it up with a bunch of scaling electronics that adds a crap-ton of input lag. Or at the very least, have a bypass function.

Any monitor with a dual-link scaler is going to have more lag than one without. This is why the ZR2740W without a real scaler has extremely low electronics lag, while something like the U2711 or S27A850 has 20ms or so.

The SA970 likely won't be any different.

What will be hopefully better than the SA850 is build quality and construction.

Compared to the 27" ACD, what does this screen offer? Would color/contrast/black level be any better? The ACD can be had for under $1000.

(beyond the obvious stuff like extra connections and aesthetics)

Compared to the 27" ACD, what does this screen offer? Would color/contrast/black level be any better? The ACD can be had for under $1000.

(beyond the obvious stuff like extra connections and aesthetics)

Factory calibrated and apparently internal calibration similar to the PA/WUXI series from NEC and CG series from Eizo.

Not sure how good it is, but it should be an enhancement.

Seriously, been holding off replacing my broken 27 ACD for this. Going to wait a little longer before I just grab another apple.

There's been no news. All the websites say March, but that's just parroting back Samsung's original projection. As much as I want to believe it'll be soon, remember that the S27A850D was delayed for quite a long time last year...hopefully that won't be an issue again...

I was giong to pull the trigger for the S27A850T when I saw this thread. Now what? There aren't any developements since January.

Not too sure about glossy. I had an old Samsung with very smooth AG and loved it. I now have glossy and even though I have to admit that text is sharper, I hate the reflections.

Decisions, decision...

Last edited:
Has there been any rumors (or facts) of an updated 24" model too? This one looks great, but it is way out of my pricerange. I'd love to see a smaller model with a more reasonable price. I'd think if they plan to continue the 24" PLS too, it'll have to get an update eventually, seeing as so many of them had BLB problems.

No updates or rumours have come out about anything Samsung related. Last year it took about 6 months for Samsung to release most of the models they initially announced.........

Hum, I really wanted to see a new alternative in the 27" bracket, but not another one by Samsung. That company has made some really significant cuts on quality check on their monitors, as every Samsung monitor I've owned has had serious defects, even after replacements...

Looks promising finnaly a glossy pls screen.
But like always I'll bet it comes with a input lag 20 - 30ms because of a useless scaler..

Back