Ryzen 5600X3D potential?

It's actually very easy to determine how GPU limited you are. You just monitor your GPU utilization. It's either hitting 100% GPU utilization or it's not. It's not rocket science.
And do we know that looking at the result cited ? ( i doubt you need to be at 100% all or most of the time for something your render queue not being empty immediately at least one time when a new frame is ready during a multi minute benchmark).

you can look at how different the fps of an 7800x3d at 1080p can be between a 4090 and a 7900xtx and how it change title to title in which direction it is faster, I doubt we would see the 4090 being at 100% usage when it is slower on it, maxing out his wattage necessarily, more caused by driver overhead.

Actually the graphs are considerably more informative, since depending on the game you play, the actual benefit (in non-GPU-limited situations, just according to those graphs) can be anywhere from 0-15+%. It's basically what I said a month and a half ago:
I was just leaving a teaser for the TL;DW people so they could say, " Yeah I might as well get the 5800X3D".

As for it depending on what games you play, most people I know only care about GPU performance and whether or not the CPU would be a bottle neck.
Especially since some of them think they can run a 4090 with a 4790K @ 1080p, and wonder why their only getting 23% GPU usage in Rocket League.

Back